• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think India will likely lose handily in the second Test but extremely happy with their performance here. And my estimation of this SA side definitely went down a bit tbf.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Player ratings for the first test:
India:

Dhawan: Ridiculous dismissal in the first innings. Annoying temperament. 1/10

Vijay: Impressed me greatly considering I expected Steyn and Philander to remove him almost immediately. Blocked out a decent number of balls in the first innings and a nice little knock in the 2nd. 5/10

Pujara : Unlucky runout after an important partnership in the first innings. Magnificent knock in the 2nd. 9/10

Kohli : Two sensational innings, especially the first innings hundred. Couldn't have done anything more. Wouldve been 10 if we'd won. 9.9/10

Rohit Sharma : Very poor shot in the first innings at a crucial time. Also dropped a sitter. 2/10

Ajinkya Rahane: Lovely little important knock in the first innings, which included that ***y straight drive off Steyn. Two run-outs which were in the end, what salvaged a draw for us. 7/10

Dhoni: Not much with the bat. Captaincy not quite as negative as I expected, although him not bringing on Shami was inexplicably stupid 4/10

Ashwin : Looked very unpenetrative but at least kept it relatively tight in the fourth innings chase. Loses a point for a dropped catch 3/10

Shami: Looked the goods and caused trouble frequently. Best bowler in the 4th innings by a distance. Over both innings, arguably our best bowler 7.5/10

Ishant : Still maintain he's an awesome bowler, but somehow got a bunch of wickets in the first innings even with a terribly scrambled seam. Wasn't wholly terrible in the second either 7/10

Zaheer: Very very good return to the test side in the first innings. However it went downhill big time on the Last day where he bowled too many friendly pies. 6/10

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
He seemed to becoming more impatient. Perfect timing IMO. (Smart move too given it's just before facing Johnson, Harris and co.)

Heboric

International Debutant
I hope people go to the test tomorrow, dang pity there is no Newlands test

And being Durban I just hope people realize which country they were born in, just saying....

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Last match, SA choked by trying not to choke.. This time, somehow I fear that Dale Steyn will rise again and destroy India in the first session tomorrow. Hope it doesnt happen..

akilana

International 12th Man
He seemed to becoming more impatient. Perfect timing IMO. (Smart move too given it's just before facing Johnson, Harris and co.)
You seem very obsessed with Kallis's average than Kallis. Going on for too long. But anyways it's no different than Sachin retiring just ahead of SA tour.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
As a player you know you are no longer good enough, so why play on (especially against top-class opponents) & end up looking stupid and bring your team down at the same time. Perfect timing, unlike others who just played on despite having nothing left in them.

Jassy

Banned
I hope people go to the test tomorrow, dang pity there is no Newlands test

And being Durban I just hope people realize which country they were born in, just saying....
SA would probably benefit more if Imran Tahir had that realization, just saying :ph34r: