• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
luckyeddie said:
Oh, they were close though - just 19 wickets short.
Yeah lucky for Indians the weather saved them.........errrr otherwise we would have really exposed their batting weaknesses..

wahindiawah

Banned
I think Pakistan will keep on battling Sehwag in this series with huge dissapointments .Even if they finally get rid of Sehwag, they will face champions in Tendulkar,Dravid,Laxman etc.Honestly i dont see who Pakistan will be able to get 20 Indian wkts, i don't see that possibility in 2 test matches, leave alone 2 test innings!

Deja moo

International Captain
wahindiawah said:
I think Pakistan will keep on battling Sehwag in this series with huge dissapointments .Even if they finally get rid of Sehwag, they will face champions in Tendulkar,Dravid,Laxman etc.Honestly i dont see who Pakistan will be able to get 20 Indian wkts, i don't see that possibility in 2 test matches, leave alone 2 test innings!
I think rather than dwell on how tough it'll be for them to handle our batsmen, we'd better try and figure out how to get rid of Younis, Youhana, Akmal etc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
wahindiawah said:
They managed to do it in 2005. Stop making it look like its impossible. It'll be tough becaue India's batting line-up is very strong, but its not invincible.

And as Deja said, its not going to be easy for India to take 20 Pakistani wickets either. And even if they do, India can't afford having Pakistan 2-20 and 3-25 and then having any combination of Younis, Yousuf and Inzy pile on 200 runs ruining all the advantage gained with the new ball. That really irriated me during the 2005 series.

Jono said:
They managed to do it in 2005. Stop making it look like its impossible. It'll be tough becaue India's batting line-up is very strong, but its not invincible.

Indians are certainly not invincible, but Pak are playing to draw matches rather than to conquer India, something which was clearly stated by Sehwag after the Lahore match.

Pakistan lack balls to take on India, the proof is that their captain shaved off the grass from Lahore pitch b/f the test match due to fear of facing Pathan and co on relatively lively pitch.Such a cowardly and unsporting approach makes them really a disgrace even in the eye of their own countrymen.

Deja moo

International Captain
LongHopCassidy said:
If I may ask, sheerindianspeed - how did you sneak in that HUGE avatar?
Uploaded it early on when the avatar size wasnt restricted. The restrictions wont be effective for him until he changes the avatar. (Same as Neil).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
sheerindianspeed said:
Indians are certainly not invincible, but Pak are playing to draw matches rather than to conquer India, something which was clearly stated by Sehwag after the Lahore match.

Pakistan lack balls to take on India, the proof is that their captain shaved off the grass from Lahore pitch b/f the test match due to fear of facing Pathan and co on relatively lively pitch.Such a cowardly and unsporting approach makes them really a disgrace even in the eye of their own countrymen.
I respectively disagree. I may agree if Pakistan prepare another ridiculously flat pitch where no result is possible, but for now I'm willing to believe that the groundsman was advised to prepare a relatively flat pitch (one similar to those seen in the Pak vs. Eng series) to give Pakistan the advantage, with the Pakistani camp assuming that Akhtar, Sami and Rana would be more penetrative on a flat track than Pathan and AA/Zaheer. Unfortunately for the test match, the pitch was far far far too flat, whether it be because of the weather, the short-time the groundsman had to prepare the track or because of the groundsman's ignorance. Either way I very much doubt the PCB and Pakistan camp wanted that sort of pitch.

What-A-Player

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mecnun said:
Yeah lucky for Indians the weather saved them.........errrr otherwise we would have really exposed their batting weaknesses..
On the contrary, lucky for Pakistani that the Indians didnt get going. The game was stopping every dayum min like NY Subway.

Dunno what Laxman would have done but 403 for Numero 1 is a big statement

1 thing is worrying for Indians, If Sehwag goes then the game runs like slo-mo

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Deja moo said:
Uploaded it early on when the avatar size wasnt restricted. The restrictions wont be effective for him until he changes the avatar. (Same as Neil).
I love that he's made 59 posts despite being registered for 3+ years. He only appears for special occasions :p;)

Deja moo

International Captain
Jono said:
I love that he's made 59 posts despite being registered for 3+ years. He only appears for special occasions :p;)
Its a wonder he remembers his username with such sparse use :p I'd have forgotten.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What-A-Player said:
On the contrary, lucky for Pakistani that the Indians didnt get going. The game was stopping every dayum min like NY Subway.

James.

We demand a tongue-in-cheek smily !!

PY

International Coach
What-A-Player said:

Sar-chasm?

Deja moo

International Captain
Jono said:
How can one forget such a memorable name like Deja moo? :D:p
:ph34r: you got me there. BTW, do you use the same password everywhere (except for secure sites etc that is) ? I do.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What-A-Player said:
That's actually true, but I wouldn't call it a problem rather than just that all the other batsman are human whereas Sehwag is on another planet, sitting there with Afridi :p

I most noticed this during SA's tour of India late in 2004. Sehwag would open with Gambhir, belt Pollock and co. around at around a run a ball, eventually get out, and then the rest would just waddle on.

That's less likely to occur however with Yuvraj and Dhoni (even Pathan though he doesn't bat too quickly in tests) in the team now. India have more stroke makers in the lower order than they had a 12-18 months ago.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
That's less likely to occur however with Yuvraj and Dhoni (even Pathan though he doesn't bat too quickly in tests) in the team now. India have more stroke makers in the lower order than they had a 12-18 months ago.
Yes although some of the stroke players in the middle order have slowed down :wacko: