• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Pakistan

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was I the only Indian supporter that laughed when Sehwag got himself out? (well my mate did too when he was watching with me)

It was just very funny that they'd miss the record by 3 runs. Especially the way he got out. When it seemed like Inzy wanted to bowl his fast bowlers to get off for bad light, I said Rana should just bowl 6 bouncers. Didn't realise he'd get a wicket though :p

Last edited:

Choora

State Regular
Now i have a question for everyone, do you think that India will go into the next match with their batsmen having a psychological advantage over Pakistan bowlers???

The fact that Pakistan managed to take just one Indian wkt (though that doesn't mean that their bowlers fared poorly) and Indian batsmen put up a big total, it might put Pakistan team under pressure, and i think they might be somewhat demoralised.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyone else absolutely peed off that some of their fantasy cricket players didn't get a go at all? I didn't have Dravid or Sehwag, because I thought Laxman was a fairly good price and I had a feeling Tendulkar would score. Turns out neither of them got a bat (well Laxman got a ball) :mad:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
How come no one abused the wicket when Pakistan were piling up those runs for two days. All the abuse was reserved for AA and company. :)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Jono said:
Anyone else absolutely peed off that some of their fantasy cricket players didn't get a go at all? I didn't have Dravid or Sehwag, because I thought Laxman was a fairly good price and I had a feeling Tendulkar would score. Turns out neither of them got a bat (well Laxman got a ball) :mad:
Is it possible to have had Younis, Yousuf, Akmal, Afridi, Dravid and Sehwag in the side?

Because if someone had that they're going to be miles ahead.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SJS said:
How come no one abused the wicket when Pakistan were piling up those runs for two days. All the abuse was reserved for AA and company. :)
Plenty of people were absusing the wicket. I only hope you're being sarcastic or missed like 10 posts from angry Indian fans calling the PCB weak and scared. I can quote them all if you like.

Pretty poor form SJS, you're making something out of nothing. Everyone knew the wicket was the flattest of flat half-way through the 2nd session.

displaced

Cricket Spectator
I wasn't suggesting that the match should've been stopped or that the pitch was spin friendly. I was just commenting that a pitch as flat as this is just as dubious as the most raging seamer/turner, and of much less interest to fans.

With a general trend across cricket toward much flatter wickets in an era comfortably dominated by the bat already, surely it's time to see some more balance?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
displaced said:
I wasn't suggesting that the match should've been stopped or that the pitch was spin friendly. I was just commenting that a pitch as flat as this is just as dubious as the most raging seamer/turner, and of much less interest to fans.

With a general trend across cricket toward much flatter wickets in an era comfortably dominated by the bat already, surely it's time to see some more balance?
No doubt.

What's ironic, despite raging seamers/dustbowls sometimes being too heavily in favour of the ball, they're very often more exciting cricket matches. Whatever people say about the Mumbai test, no one can deny that the finish wasn't entertaining.

displaced

Cricket Spectator
Jono said:
No doubt.

What's ironic, despite raging seamers/dustbowls sometimes being too heavily in favour of the ball, they're very often more exciting cricket matches. Whatever people say about the Mumbai test, no one can deny that the finish wasn't entertaining.

Indeed, as much as I love the asthetics of good batting, eventually it does become dull. "Oh he's creamed another textbook cover drive to the boundary....snore"

When a bowling side is on top, as a spectator I am on tenterhooks...every ball is a drama, an event. Plus when a batsman does succeed in such conditions, more kudos to him and the innings is often an exceptional one in terms of both skill and entertainment.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Choora said:
Now i have a question for everyone, do you think that India will go into the next match with their batsmen having a psychological advantage over Pakistan bowlers???

The fact that Pakistan managed to take just one Indian wkt (though that doesn't mean that their bowlers fared poorly) and Indian batsmen put up a big total, it might put Pakistan team under pressure, and i think they might be somewhat demoralised.
This is a discussion that has taken place at length at various times in other series, and it doesn't matter how many amateur psychologists pontificate on the matter.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I'd say thats the most entertaining aspect of cricket. A bowler, in favourable conditions, bowling beautifully and ripping apart a batting line-up, until one batsman stands up in the tough conditions and battles through. There are various aspects of cricket which are enjoyable, and run fests do have their place as long as they can end in a result and do not happen so often, but a great batsman toughing it out is always terrific cricket to watch.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jono said:
I only hope you're being sarcastic or missed like 10 posts from angry Indian fans calling the PCB weak and scared.
That's always going to happen - even if the topic of conversation is cookery.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Plenty of people were absusing the wicket. I only hope you're being sarcastic or missed like 10 posts from angry Indian fans calling the PCB weak and scared. I can quote them all if you like.

Pretty poor form SJS, you're making something out of nothing. Everyone knew the wicket was the flattest of flat half-way through the 2nd session.
No Jono, I did not miss those posts but what I wrote is actually aimed at a few, let them be un-named who seemed to have discovered this only after the 400 runs scored by indian openers.

If you look carefully, you will find them too. :)

Otherwise I agree with all you have said.

PS : My post is definitely not aimed at Indian fans.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Something about milestones, isn't there?

Mahanama blew it one short of the all-time all-wicket record. Sehwag ****ed up with three to go to the Test opening record. Interesting, eh?

(Oh, I'm not too fussed, I had Sehwag, Dravid, Akmal and Afridi. Four out of six will do).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
Was I the only Indian supporter that laughed when Sehwag got himself out? (well my mate did too when he was watching with me)

It was just very funny that they'd miss the record by 3 runs. Especially the way he got out. When it seemed like Inzy wanted to bowl his fast bowlers to get off for bad light, I said Rana should just bowl 6 bouncers. Didn't realise he'd get a wicket though :p
The funny thing was -

1) Kumble was focussed on a few balls earlier with his camera. The keen photographer could only take photos of rejoicing Pakistanis i guess if he did.

2) Indian players just walked back inside the dressing room as soon as Sehwag was out as if saying - now I can go to sleep. Nothing else left in this match.

Scweej

Cricket Spectator
The PCB hav missed an excellent opportunity to attack the indians and take a lead in this much talked about series .

The tactics used by them are very defensive and shortsighted. . Lets hope the rest of the series is more interesting .. .