• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
The news is that the frightened Akhter is actually considering pulling out of the next test.

i don't think that's correct. both inzy and akhter said they would opt out of the test series when rashid latif said that the series was fixed.and inzy said that he refused to play on a pitch like that in multan, but akhter never said he would pull out of test 2.

it does not sound like sumthing he would do anyways...i think he'll be looking to get lots of wickets after the pak team's bad performance in multan...i think the "news" u speak of is a media person having some fun.

Sehwag309

Banned
My freind used to live in Andheri East, Mota Nagar if I remember correctly.

Yeah I live in Toronto. I miss Pali Hill, Bandra and especially when people don't believe me that I live near most bollywood stars. (Well not considered stars when u live in bombay)

If I win the lotto, I will fly the same night and settle back in bombay

Tom Halsey

International Coach
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
1/ I NEVER said that, its just that the kind of quality of batsmen Indian team will be facing in this series, just one pacer will be enough along with a great spinner to finish off Pakistan!

2/ Against a depleted NZ and SA side... GREAT job indeed, but he just chickens out when he face eal batsmen, doesn't he?

3/ And that match against India was a long time back, even Afridi once scored a test hundred against India, so is Afridi now ur Don Bradman?
1/ Pakistan have some real good batsmen, if you didn't know. Inzi, Youhanna, etc.

2/ NZ? SA? The same teams thatare playing right now? You may be confusing other 'depleted' teams.

3/ Afridi is a very capable batsman, once he gets in. Unfortunately that is rare. :(

Tom Halsey

International Coach
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Yeah and because of that he had the grass shaved off Multan pitch.

I hope Pak NEVER make Youhanna the captain, such a selfish & coward person would only bring misfortune to the team
Is every Pakistani player a coward?

Sehwag309

Banned
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
I wish you best of luck, i think its difficult to live away from one's country of birth .
Thanx, I wish I could have realized that years ago, Bombay has changed so much and who wants to live in this snow etc

Craig

World Traveller
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
As for Shoaib, mate he will perform once gain, when Pak will play against Bang or Namibia.The guys simply doesn't have the class to threaten Indian Gods!
Do you recall that spell v Australia at Colombo in 2002 where Shoaib ripped through Australia's middle order in no time?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
I NEVER said that, its just that the kind of quality of batsmen Indian team will be facing in this series, just one pacer will be enough along with a great spinner to finish off Pakistan!
So Inzamam and Youhana are poor are they?

And as for Youhana being scared of Pathan following his dismissal in that 2nd Innings, didn't he have 100+ on the board and was batting with the last man at the time?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Good joke, the way Pak openers are batting, their most experianced batsmen are running b/w wkts and the way their Vice captain is having nightmare at the very sight of Irfan Pathan, surely it can't be the day one!
NIghtmare? At the sight of a very talented but not yet proven swing bowler? Give me a break.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Tom Halsey said:
NIghtmare? At the sight of a very talented but not yet proven swing bowler? Give me a break.
Imran Khan Knows better!

Pakistan were psyched by Pathan

By Imran Khan
Friday, 02 April , 2004, 10:19

Pakistan were psyched by Pathan

The great Iqbal once said: "The price of cowardice is death" - Pakistan panicked on the eve of the Multan Test, and perished by an innings in a little over four days.

The hosts were psyched by the bowling of Irfan Pathan in the one-dayers, and they thought that if they played on a grassy wicket, their batsmen would not be able to handle the talented Indian left-arm bowler. As a result they got the grass shaved off on the eve of the first Test. It was a senseless, negative move, which left only two possible results to the Test - a win for India or a dull draw.

Pace is this Pakistan team's greatest strength, and once they denied the fast men a helpful wicket, Multan was a lost cause.

The touchstone of a great captain and team management is the ability to make big decisions. The two teams are evenly matched in this series, and what will separate them is strategy. There are no risk-free decisions, but the decision to neutralise Pakistan's greatest strength, its bowling, was a self-defeating decision.

To make matters worse, Rahul Dravid won the toss and the moment Virender Sehwag started connecting, hardly a ball beat the bat. Sehwag was in murderous form, but the bowlers made life easy for him by constantly giving him room outside the off-stump.

I have never seen any batsman hit the cut shot harder than Sehwag. He uses a short backlift, but really packs a punch when he plays the cut. Spectators in Pakistan have not been treated to such hard-hitting since Zaheer Abbas took on the Indian bowling during the 1978 series.

Sehwag was great to watch, as he showed no signs of fear or anxiety while overhauling one landmark after the other. On a placid track, the pacemen were reduced to cannon fodder, and after lunch itself, the hosts looked a defeated lot. They seemed surprised whenever a chance came their way, shoulders were drooping and the ground fielding was embarrassingly sloppy.

Sachin Tendulkar played the perfect foil to the rampaging Sehwag, and his control piled on the agony of the Pakistan bowlers. It was a disciplined knock, and he looked like he would be able to guide the side to 800.

The Indians did everything right, including the bold declaration, which put team interests ahead of individual milestones.

The mistakes Pakistan made on the field looked even worse once the Indians took the field. The Indians were spectacular in the field, holding half-chances and even creating dismissals, but the Pakistanis made schoolboy errors. Apart from the three catches off Sehwag that were grassed, Abdul Razzaq missed a straight run-out opportunity off the Indian opener, when he decided to stand in front of the wicket to collect the ball. Fielding has never been Pakistan's strength, but such mistakes were really baffling.

If India's batting was masterful, their bowling in truly testing conditions was even more creditable. To enforce the follow-on after toiling for four sessions must have been a tough call for Dravid, but his bowlers as well as the part-timers responded splendidly. Their bowling effort was even more remarkable if one considered that in the absence of Zaheer Khan, there were only three regular bowlers at Dravid's disposal.

Till the final day, there was nothing in the pitch, and this was demonstrated by Inzamam in the first innings and Youhana in the second innings. Yet Kumble and Pathan toiled tirelessly to take 20 wickets in a little over two days. The Indians were consistently superb in the field and Akash Chopra's catch off Razzaq reflected the self-belief that this team possesses.

Feel strongly about the views expressed in this column? Mail us at views@sify.com

The Pakistan team got exactly what they deserved. Hopefully they will have learnt about the need to be more positive in the rest of the series. Firstly, the management needs to provide a wicket on which Shoaib and Sami come into play. Sure, there is a chance that the Pakistan batting could also collapse on a green-top, but the hosts have to take that risk now.

Inzamam will have to inspire his bowlers and rejuvenate this defeated side - if he fails to do that, he could be staring at disaster all over again.

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
could u guys giv links for the news....the last one is from the times of india but certain info (yohanna's nitemare, akhter pulling out of 2nd test etc) seem to be nothing but amazing creativity.

shankar

International Debutant
indianreligion said:
could u guys giv links for the news....the last one is from the times of india but certain info (yohanna's nitemare, akhter pulling out of 2nd test etc) seem to be nothing but amazing creativity.
After I searched on google news abt. Akhtar,I found a news bit abt. him suffering a stomach upset and missing nets yesterday but nothing abt. missing the second match.

indianreligion

School Boy/Girl Captain
shankar said:
After I searched on google news abt. Akhtar,I found a news bit abt. him suffering a stomach upset and missing nets yesterday but nothing abt. missing the second match.
there u go...creativity:rolleyes: