• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

NikhilN

International Regular
Rich2001 said:
Woah I haven't been reading this thread much of late and only back read a couple of posts before I made mine, but it only seems people are talking tatics and what would aid who, there seems to be no real problem here and I would bet vasts amounts of money on nither number 11 ever hitting a 100 let alone in this series!

It could easily happen...all you have to do is put ether Laxman,Dravid,Tendulkar, or Sehwag at #11 :P

Umair316

Cricket Spectator
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
YES India and pace.Ever heard of Pathan?

And wahta else does Sehwag has to do to convince you? register a 400 in a test match?

As for Shoaib, mate he will perform once gain, when Pak will play against Bang or Namibia.The guys simply doesn't have the class to threaten Indian Gods!
Please Yaar, I don't want to get into mudslinging here, but did you even bother to watch the match, or just assuming what happend by looking at the scorecards.
Shoaib bowled really well and troubled Tendulkar and Sehwag throughout the whole innings.
It was the likes of Saqlain, Razzaq, and Shabbir who conceeded the most amount of runs, Tendulkar and Sehwag had no answer to Shoaib and Sami's bowling on day 2.
Lets not forget, it took Sehwag 4 dropped catches to get to 309, it wasn't all easy for him.
Not that I am taking credit away from his brilliant knock, but his runs didn't come of as easy as assumed.

Raj123

U19 Debutant
one thing that hasnt been reported about the 1st test is patel's keeping. is he getting any better or is it more of the same(anyone who has seen the match...)

Sehwag309

Banned
Rich2001 said:
Woah I haven't been reading this thread much of late and only back read a couple of posts before I made mine, but it only seems people are talking tatics and what would aid who, there seems to be no real problem here and I would bet vasts amounts of money on nither number 11 ever hitting a 100 let alone in this series!
No.11 Won't hit any century, point being that in Ind/Pak matches, everybody is on their toes and anything can happen

Raj123

U19 Debutant
It was the likes of Saqlain, Razzaq, and Shabbir who conceeded the most amount of runs, Tendulkar and Sehwag had no answer to Shoaib and Sami's bowling on day 2.
mate, i havent seen the match but have read reports that pcb has asked their strike bowlers to shape up or ship out, so it couldnt have been all rosy for them.

Lets not forget, it took Sehwag 4 dropped catches to get to 309, it wasn't all easy for him.
that could just mean 4 good balls or 4 tired(or lazy) shots. sehwag scored 80 runs in a little over a session, sachin approx. 140 runs in 2.5 sessions, yuvraj run a ball half century. it couldnt have been all that hard.

tooextracool

International Coach
"I did not bowl long hops, I did not play bad shots nor did I have the bat in the wrong hand while running."
Andy Atkinson hits back after being accused of preparing a docile pitch for the Multan Test

Now thats an insult!!!well said Andy......

Umair316

Cricket Spectator
Raj123 said:
mate, i havent seen the match but have read reports that pcb has asked their strike bowlers to shape up or ship out, so it couldnt have been all rosy for them.

Yes the bowling was not all that good, but Shoaib and Sami's pace troubled both Tendulkar and Sehwag very much. And they were having a hard time playing against their pace.
Just go watch how they were handeled in the first session of day 2.

that could just mean 4 good balls or 4 tired(or lazy) shots. sehwag scored 80 runs in a little over a session, sachin approx. 140 runs in 2.5 sessions, yuvraj run a ball half century. it couldnt have been all that hard.
True, I am not taking anything away from Sehwag's magnificent knock, but Pakistanis contributed very much to the Indian scorecard.
Catches win matches, and Pakistan didn't captalize on their opportunities.

Sehwag309

Banned
To add to the Problems

Moin doubtful starter for Lahore Test

By Our Sports Reporter

KARACHI, April 3: Wicket-keeper Moin Khan is likely to miss the second Test against India, which starts at Lahore's Qadhafi Stadium from Monday.

Moin is troubled by a groin problem that developed after Pakistan were soundly beaten in the first Test at Multan on Thursday morning.

Kamran Akmal, who has played several Tests and One-day Internationals, was called up to the training camp on Saturday.

Since returning to the national side after a gap of almost 30 months, Moin had performed exceptionally on the tour of tour of New Zealand where he scored a career-best 137 in one of the Tests and two half-centuries in the one-dayers.

Moin, the former Test skipper, also hit a defiant half-century in the fourth One-day International against India last month.

Poor response to match tickets

By Our Sports Correspondent

LAHORE, April 3: There was a poor response from the general public as tickets for the second Test went on sale at the PCB booths and Bank Alfalah branches on Saturday.

Hardly a few dozen ticket-buyers were seen at the counters when this correspondent visited different sale points.

The PCB's booth sold tickets of Rs100 and Rs75denomination while the bank are selling tickets of Rs400, Rs500 and Rs250.

The public are not showing any extraordinary enthusiasm which they had exhibited for the five one-day series.

"I have been disappointed from the performance of the team and I will again show any interest for the series if my team stages a comeback," Mohammad Ahmed, a local cricketer, said.

Another player Zeeshan said that he had much hope from the Pakistan team, but now he was disappointed and had no interest for the second Test.

However, Imtiaz Ahmed, who bought a ticket, said that he wanted to see cricket and considered win or loss partof the game.

He said that international cricket had just returned in Pakistan and the matches against India were a treat to watch, therefore, he did not want to miss out.

Link to above News
http://www.dawn.com/2004/04/04/spt.htm

marc71178 said:
Is this Day 2 or Day 3?

Good joke, the way Pak openers are batting, their most experianced batsmen are running b/w wkts and the way their Vice captain is having nightmare at the very sight of Irfan Pathan, surely it can't be the day one!

Tom Halsey said:
1/ And? Who else?

2/ Good player but not 'mighty'.

3/ I am hoping this is a sarcastic joke.

Ajit Agarkar is going to return back to the team( and we know how he destroyed Aus in Aus).Nehra often go through bad patch but he was the most threatning bowler in the OD series, he too will be back.

And Balaji is fast improving.

As for Sehwag, he might not be that great, i mean he is in the team with Sachin,Dravid and Laxman, all ultimate batsmen, so those others do overshadow Sehwag's achievement, but there is no denying the fact that he is the most explosive batter in the world.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
Umair316 said:
Please Yaar, I don't want to get into mudslinging here, but did you even bother to watch the match, or just assuming what happend by looking at the scorecards.
Shoaib bowled really well and troubled Tendulkar and Sehwag throughout the whole innings.
Not that I am taking credit away from his brilliant knock, but his runs didn't come of as easy as assumed.
even the worse bowler would have to agree that giving 100+ runs and not getting a wicket is good bowling in any kind of way, because test cricket is all about getting 20 wickets for a bowler, nothing less. series is far from over sohaib has 40 more wickets to go, great bowlers find a way to get wickets just look at what warne did to SL.

Sehwag309

Banned
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Good joke, the way Pak openers are batting, their most experianced batsmen are running b/w wkts and the way their Vice captain is having nightmare at the very sight of Irfan Pathan, surely it can't be the day one!
*Red Alert*
Pathan is Youhana's pal, will refer to this table for future

Pathan has got Youhana 4/5 times

ODI 3
Yousuf Youhana c Laxman b Pathan

ODI 4
Yousuf Youhana lbw b Pathan

ODI 5

Test
Inning 2
Yousuf Youhana c Dravid b Pathan

Last edited:
Rich2001 said:
So Pathan is your only hope of winning this game is what your saying, are all your other pace bowlers usless then?

I NEVER said that, its just that the kind of quality of batsmen Indian team will be facing in this series, just one pacer will be enough along with a great spinner to finish off Pakistan!

Shoaib a little while back I would have tended to agree to a extent but in the last year the guy has been bowling really really well and very fast at that too, just ask the South Africans and New Zealand, just look at how he bowled in some of the ODI's vs you... I remember watching a game were he came back on to win the match single handly, taking 3/4 wickets in 3 overs, inculding Tendulkar before you say it was the tail

Against a depleted NZ and SA side... GREAT job indeed, but he just chickens out when he face eal batsmen, doesn't he?

And that match against India was a long time back, even Afridi once scored a test hundred against India, so is Afridi now ur Don Bradman?

Sehwag309 said:
*Red Alert*
Pathan is Youhana's pal, will refer to this table for future

Pathan has got Youhana 4/5 times

ODI 3
Yousuf Youhana c Laxman b Pathan

ODI 4

ODI 5

Test
Inning 2
Yousuf Youhana c Dravid b Pathan

Yeah and because of that he had the grass shaved off Multan pitch.

I hope Pak NEVER make Youhanna the captain, such a selfish & coward person would only bring misfortune to the team

I have respect for Inzi and i really don't think Inzi (on a such good form) would have feared facing pacers on green top.Maybe he was bothered about the rest of pak batting line up.