• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Pakistan Thread

wahindiawah

Banned
Armadillo said:
Just shut up, honestly the indians on these forums (bar one or two) just make me sick, especially ajaarajkdka;f; and if shoaib is so crap then how come http://www.cricket.pwcglobal.com/cricket/cricket.htm
If my honest comments hurted you then i'm sorry, but the fact is that the whole world is asking one question right now, and that is if Pak attack is so great then why the hell did Inzi shaved the grass off the pitch ?????

They are just COWARDS

Umair316

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan needs to shake off the defeat and comeback in the 2nd test.
The way the blame has been laid on the bowlers by the captain is unacceptable.
Lets hope the pitch provides the bowlers some assistance to make it an exciting test match.
If Pakistan have any chance of winning this match, Shoaib Akhtar has to fire.
If he is cold as a cucumber, then Pakistan can not topple the Indian batting.
I am also very excited to see the young leg spinner Danish Kaneria play against India.
Indians are known to play good leg spin bowling, lets see how they handle Kaneria if the Lahore pitch offers good bounce.
Kumble has labled Kaneria a good a very talented prospect and has high regards for Kaneria, lets see if he delivers.

For India, they need to continue their winning ways, keep the pressure on the home team and play cricket with a positive mind.

wahindiawah

Banned
Danish will go for runs, infact for tons and will be of little use to Pak team.

Akhter will fail again, Sami will falter again, and hope Inzi gets run out again too:D

Umair316

Cricket Spectator
wahindiawah said:
Danish will go for runs, infact for tons and will be of little use to Pak team.

Akhter will fail again, Sami will falter again, and hope Inzi gets run out again too:D
Whats your problem man, it seems like all of your posts are anti-pak.
People like you are the reason why the countries have shared hatred for each other for the past 50 years.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
wahindiawah said:
If my honest comments hurted you then i'm sorry, but the fact is that the whole world is asking one question right now, and that is if Pak attack is so great then why the hell did Inzi shaved the grass off the pitch ?????

They are just COWARDS
Yeah cowards unlike the brave Indian captains who have always asked for green, hard and boucy wickets when Pakistan and other teams with any semblence of a pace attack have visited India. Specific example being the oustanding bravery of Kapil Dev who actually asked for grass to be grown the night before the match 1986/87 series I think.

Indai won the first so savour it instead of posting this pathetic rubbish and trying to inflame. A captain can ask for the wicket to be prepared to his liking.

rgrds

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
wahindiawah said:

They are just COWARDS
I suppose this is the brother again, look brother you may not post irrelevent stupid mindless things on your brothers account it makes him look incredibly stupid when it is actually you, and I bet you're underaged too, by the way well said umair and mecnun, the indians on the boards are going way too far.

Sehwag309

Banned
Hi

The Brother incident was with me, my cuz actually and I rectified that problem. Maybe you were mistaken or this another user also has a younger brother who fooled around coincidentally.

I always tell people to keep quiet until the series is over, coz there are still 2 tests to go and anything can happen in Ind/Pak games, just throw away all the stats, records..its a different ball game between US.

See they are FRIENDS

Last edited:
The news is that Pak is preparing a green top wkt for the next test match.Ganguly has rightly said that such pitches will only help India as they have the bowlers to trouble the batters on such pitches, as such i see Pak in deep deep trouble in the next match.

I think the hammering which Akhter got at the hands of mightly Sehwag has taken its toll, and i doubt Akhter will be the same bowler again (atleast against India).

India should now aim for more difficult task (now that the opposition are hardly proving to be a match) such as winning the next test match inside 4 days (if not 3 days). Pak batters are already scraed of Pathan, and if Nehra does play in the second test match, then Pak innings might well be over before tea!!

And i've read that the "mighty Shabbir" is facing an axe for the next test match.So much so for the Shabbir fans:P

Tom Halsey

International Coach
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
1/ The news is that Pak is preparing a green top wkt for the next test match.Ganguly has rightly said that such pitches will only help India as they have the bowlers to trouble the batters on such pitches, as such i see Pak in deep deep trouble in the next match.

2/ I think the hammering which Akhter got at the hands of mightly Sehwag has taken its toll, and i doubt Akhter will be the same bowler again (atleast against India).
1/ India? Pace?

2/ 'Mighty' Sehwag? Shoaib never the same again?

Give me a break.

Rich2001

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
1/ India? Pace?

Give me a break.
1/ LOL Yeah and espically with Z.Kahn flying home today, what is the Indian pace attack now?

Pathan and Baji

Meanwhile in the Pakistan camp they have dropped the spinner and will probley play 4 front line pace bowlers.

I would back Aktar, Sami & co over them on a green top.

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Oh Man

This green grass, trees, plants...Forget all this.

In India/Pak games, anything can happen; even no.11 can hit century (u know what I mean), so let's just wait and watch the 2nd Test and can discuss it in course.

Else, it 's gonna turn in to a war here.
:!(

Tom Halsey said:
1/ India? Pace?

Give me a break.

YES India and pace.Ever heard of Pathan?

And wahta else does Sehwag has to do to convince you? register a 400 in a test match?

As for Shoaib, mate he will perform once gain, when Pak will play against Bang or Namibia.The guys simply doesn't have the class to threaten Indian Gods!

Rich2001

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Oh Man

This green grass, trees, plants...Forget all this.

In India/Pak games, anything can happen; even no.11 can hit century (u know what I mean), so let's just wait and watch the 2nd Test and can discuss it in course.

Else, it 's gonna turn in to a war here.
:!(
Woah I haven't been reading this thread much of late and only back read a couple of posts before I made mine, but it only seems people are talking tatics and what would aid who, there seems to be no real problem here and I would bet vasts amounts of money on nither number 11 ever hitting a 100 let alone in this series!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
1/ YES India and pace.Ever heard of Pathan?

2/ And wahta else does Sehwag has to do to convince you? register a 400 in a test match?

3/ As for Shoaib, mate he will perform once gain, when Pak will play against Bang or Namibia.The guys simply doesn't have the class to threaten Indian Gods!
1/ And? Who else?

2/ Good player but not 'mighty'.

3/ I am hoping this is a sarcastic joke.

Rich2001

International Captain
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
YES India and pace.Ever heard of Pathan?

And wahta else does Sehwag has to do to convince you? register a 400 in a test match?

As for Shoaib, mate he will perform once gain, when Pak will play against Bang or Namibia.The guys simply doesn't have the class to threaten Indian Gods!
So Pathan is your only hope of winning this game is what your saying, are all your other pace bowlers usless then?

I don't think Tom is saying Shewag's innings was bad but he was saying that any pitch where 2 double 100's (well all but) and a 100 not to mention about 4 scores in the 70's/80's etc it must have been quite a batsman's pitch.... Now I would never take a score like that away from a batsman you have to work damn hard to score those sorts of runs whoever the attack and you can only face what's there, not sure if you was around but people were complaining about Matty Hayden's 380 so Sehwag's 300 is not going to get it all his own way :saint: :lol:

Shoaib a little while back I would have tended to agree to a extent but in the last year the guy has been bowling really really well and very fast at that too, just ask the South Africans and New Zealand, just look at how he bowled in some of the ODI's vs you... I remember watching a game were he came back on to win the match single handly, taking 3/4 wickets in 3 overs, inculding Tendulkar before you say it was the tail.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
Pak batters are already scraed of Pathan, and if Nehra does play in the second test match, then Pak innings might well be over before tea!!
Is this Day 2 or Day 3?

Sehwag309

Banned
Pathan is pretty new but he did make a mark

Pakistan were psyched by Pathan

By Imran Khan
Friday, 02 April , 2004, 10:19

The great Iqbal once said: "The price of cowardice is death" - Pakistan panicked on the eve of the Multan Test, and perished by an innings in a little over four days.

The hosts were psyched by the bowling of Irfan Pathan in the one-dayers, and they thought that if they played on a grassy wicket, their batsmen would not be able to handle the talented Indian left-arm bowler. As a result they got the grass shaved off on the eve of the first Test. It was a senseless, negative move, which left only two possible results to the Test - a win for India or a dull draw.

Pace is this Pakistan team's greatest strength, and once they denied the fast men a helpful wicket, Multan was a lost cause.

The touchstone of a great captain and team management is the ability to make big decisions. The two teams are evenly matched in this series, and what will separate them is strategy. There are no risk-free decisions, but the decision to neutralise Pakistan's greatest strength, its bowling, was a self-defeating decision.

To make matters worse, Rahul Dravid won the toss and the moment Virender Sehwag started connecting, hardly a ball beat the bat. Sehwag was in murderous form, but the bowlers made life easy for him by constantly giving him room outside the off-stump.

I have never seen any batsman hit the cut shot harder than Sehwag. He uses a short backlift, but really packs a punch when he plays the cut. Spectators in Pakistan have not been treated to such hard-hitting since Zaheer Abbas took on the Indian bowling during the 1978 series.

Sehwag was great to watch, as he showed no signs of fear or anxiety while overhauling one landmark after the other. On a placid track, the pacemen were reduced to cannon fodder, and after lunch itself, the hosts looked a defeated lot. They seemed surprised whenever a chance came their way, shoulders were drooping and the ground fielding was embarrassingly sloppy.

Sachin Tendulkar played the perfect foil to the rampaging Sehwag, and his control piled on the agony of the Pakistan bowlers. It was a disciplined knock, and he looked like he would be able to guide the side to 800.

The Indians did everything right, including the bold declaration, which put team interests ahead of individual milestones.