• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
dont know.. but its on tv in nz.

Btw Weather where i am in Wellington at the moment

Pretty much zero wind....bit of blue sky.. but getting overcast...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Before the tour started, I saw MS Dhoni trotted out the usual "New Zealand don't have individual talent...they come together and do the basics well"...that may still link strongly to our test side, but I think it's total bollocks now with the ODI side.

You can't tell me the likes of Vettori, Taylor, McCullum, Mills and now potentially Guptill aren't a star in their own right??

99*

International Debutant
BCCI stopping their players from playing in the masters game. Marshall ICL links the reason.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
You can't tell me the likes of Vettori, Taylor, McCullum, Mills and now potentially Guptill aren't a star in their own right??
Also a fully fit Oram, Ryder and perhaps Southee in a couple years. It's a bloody decent ODI side if you ask me.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Before the tour started, I saw MS Dhoni trotted out the usual "New Zealand don't have individual talent...they come together and do the basics well"...that may still link strongly to our test side, but I think it's total bollocks now with the ODI side.

Agree with this - complete rubbish. However I think it's one that Vettori and co are quite happy to play up to.

Vettori was a clear cut-above the other bowlers in the 2020 the other day (though O'Brien and Butler were decent and I guess come close to the stereotype). Also Mills in the Oz ODIs was far far classier than our other bowlers and the reliable Taylor (who would have thought?) was far better than someone with little talent who did the basics well.

Also the rest of the team at the moment is largely filled with talented but unproven types (Southee, Guptill, Ryder) as opposed to 'tryers'.

Just another easy myth perpetuated by the media as a substitute for actual thought.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anywhere on the internet I can follow the score of this game? Neither cricinfo or the blackcaps site seam to have it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
More comical keeping from Young.

"The dive probably a fraction late" - understatement.