• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Polo23

International Debutant
True, but they're hardly massive at Eden Park.
Yeah but Eden Park's are a joke and Mt Smart and North Harbour would be even smaller...can't have that.

Cricinfo has always had it in for NZ...they don't cover any of our domestic matches, whether they be T20, FC or List A and they often get things wrong, especially when it comes to our weather (which is generally pretty bloody warm in summer), plus they seem to think we are some kind of 3rd world country.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
True, but they're hardly massive at Eden Park.
Regardless, it's not just a matter of dropping a pitch in and out. Firstly, a pitch would need to be prepared at or very near the ground, secondly the drainage would need to be altered to allow the pitch to be dropped it, thirdly it'd need to pass a few inspections/decent level matches. It's not as simple as it may sound...

irfan

State Captain
Yeah but Eden Park's are a joke and Mt Smart and North Harbour would be even smaller...can't have that.

Cricinfo has always had it in for NZ...they don't cover any of our domestic matches, whether they be T20, FC or List A and they often get things wrong, especially when it comes to our weather (which is generally pretty bloody warm in summer), plus they seem to think we are some kind of 3rd world country.
Lack of NZ representation on Cricinfo might be the reason. Would also like to hear a Kiwi voice besides Ian Smith as well.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Everyone likes belittling NZ, don't they?

This Cricinfo story has the title "Star-struck NZ gear up for big summer".

And of course there's a rather unfair and inaccurate quip about our weather in the first sentence: "Two days before the first Twenty20 international, New Zealand assembled for what is perhaps their most important summer - or what passes off as summer in these parts - of cricket in recent times."
What was the record high in Auckland again? 32?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Everyone likes belittling NZ, don't they?

This Cricinfo story has the title "Star-struck NZ gear up for big summer".

And of course there's a rather unfair and inaccurate quip about our weather in the first sentence: "Two days before the first Twenty20 international, New Zealand assembled for what is perhaps their most important summer - or what passes off as summer in these parts - of cricket in recent times."
That is deadset one of the most arrogant articles I've ever read. It made my blood boil.

Seriously, have a really snide dig at our weather if you like (even though you're completely wrong), but claiming that our players are "overawed" and "star-struck"? Who the hell does this writer think he is? All I got out of those comments by Taylor and Moles were pretty standard respectful press conference platitudes that wouldn't read much different if we were playing Bangladesh.

It's official, I now hate the Indian press more than the English, and that's saying something.

Precambrian

Banned
That is deadset one of the most arrogant articles I've ever read. It made my blood boil.

Seriously, have a really snide dig at our weather if you like (even though you're completely wrong), but claiming that our players are "overawed" and "star-struck"? Who the hell does this writer think he is? All I got out of those comments by Taylor and Moles were pretty standard respectful press conference platitudes that wouldn't read much different if we were playing Bangladesh.

It's official, I now hate the Indian press more than the English, and that's saying something.
Yeah that was terrible captioning. If I were a NZlender I'd have had the same reaction.

But I cannot understand why the Indian media hate. Cricinfo is a UK site.

Evermind

International Debutant

The English press is the best cricketing press in the world. You need to read some Ben Dorries to put things in perspective. All the articles on fox.com.au look like they were written by someone whose third language is english. The Indian press is crap too.

I'm gonna seriously enjoy it when the "star struck" and "overawed" team of no-hopers beats the **** out of the overpaid, pampered "rock stars".

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What should be India's bowling attack? It should be according to the conditions:
  • T20- Zaheer, Irfan, Ishant, Harbhajan, Yusuf Pathan
  • ODI/heavily seaming wicket: Zaheer, Irfan, Ishant, Praveen, Yusuf
  • ODI/Pitch with everything: Zaheer, Ishant, Praveen/Irfan, Harbhajan, Ojha
  • ODI/Pitch with no pace: Zaheer, Ishant, Praveen, Harbhajan, Yusuf
  • ODI/Flat wicket and short boundary: Zaheer, Ishant, Praveen, Harbhajan, Ojha
  • Test/Flat wicket with hint of movement- Zaheer, Ishant, Munaf, Harbhajan, Mishra
  • Test/Flat wicket with zero assistance: Zaheer, Ishant, Munaf, Harbhajan, Mishra
  • Test/Exaggerated seaming wicket: Zaheer, Ishant, Munaf, Balaji

Precambrian

Banned
The English press is the best cricketing press in the world. You need to read some Ben Dorries to put things in perspective. All the articles on fox.com.au look like they were written by someone whose third language is english. The Indian press is crap too.

I'm gonna seriously enjoy it when the "star struck" and "overawed" team of no-hopers beats the **** out of the overpaid, pampered "rock stars".
Wow.

Overpaid and pampered.

Really wow.

Flem274*

123/5
The Indian team deserve mega bucks because when they don't win they have their houses invaded or something by nutters (didn't that happen to Dhoni?)

Indian supporters are gun, but they can go way OTT sometimes, the Indian team earn the money they get.

Also, I thought we were a team of hard working untalented and un-coordinated fighters? Well, at least that myth is gone.

Can you leave comments on Cricinfo articles?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

To be fair, Taylor did say "some of the younger players are a bit star struck", so you can't fault them for quoting him. But the weather comment does come across as very childish. Yes it rains here all year around and rarely gets above about 35 degrees, what a hellish ****ing freezer.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
To be fair, Taylor did say "some of the younger players are a bit star struck", so you can't fault them for quoting him. But the weather comment does come across as very childish. Yes it rains here all year around and rarely gets above about 35 degrees, what a hellish ****ing freezer.
TBF that guy arrived in Christchurch on friday when it was pouring all day. And it hasnt been great the last few days either. and he is an Indian writer so anything under 40 degrees would be pretty chilly.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
TBF that guy arrived in Christchurch on friday when it was pouring all day. And it hasnt been great the last few days either. and he is an Indian writer so anything under 40 degrees would be pretty chilly.
Doesn't stop it from being condescending, crude and uninformed. As for anything under 40 being chilly, that depends on what part of India he comes from.

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I too have been interested by this guy Monga and his blog on Cricinfo. It seems he has a complaint everytime he writes something. I hope to meet the guy when it's time for media sessions in Auckland...