• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

veganbob

U19 Captain
Still nervous.
97 lead-if it crosses 150 it could be all on- esp with bumrah bowling like the pre-injury Burmah yesterday.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I do think that this summer has shown NZ has real problems in the batting department though. Taylor to me looks more and more like he’s trading on past glories. Nicholls has lost that ability to scrap his way to ugly scores. Latham still can’t hack it for long enough against pressure pace bowling. Really, they’re relying on KW to make a score way too much.
I really think 5 bowlers, especially 5 seamers, is a luxury nz can no longer afford. Batting is way too light. Tough on CdG, his place could be put in doubt by Nicholls and Santner's lack of conviction (admittefdy also Jamieson's gun-ness) rather than anything of his own doing.

Last edited:

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I don't think 150 is going to cause concerns in the NZ camp. Indian bowling is gun but still on a 3rd day pitch NZ should be comfortable chasing up to 220. Anything over it will be a lottery. Chances are India is going to not set anymore than 120 I hope :)

Flem274*

123/5
I really think 5 bowlers, especially 5 seamers, is a luxury nz can no longer afford. Batting is way too light. Tough on CdG, his place could be put in doubt by Nicholls and Santner's lack of conviction (admittefdy also Jamieson's gun-ness) rather than anything of his own doing.
cdg is one of the more valuable players in the team

like we saw in aus, the top 5 need to start playing to their averages. if they don't, bye. conway, young and phillips would all like a go. the 3rd string keeper scored a double ton the other day. we have options.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is all set up for a great day of test cricket - yesterday was fantastic.

… and ugh that's an ugly dismissal.

Meridio

International Regular
I swear we've seen more leg side strangles in the last couple of years than what we did say 10 years ago

Flem274*

123/5
jadeja is legit the scariest indian cricketer after kohli/bumrah

i hate to talk about intangibles, but he's got them. he's so much better than he reads on paper as 'left arm finger spinner who bats and fields'.

you just know the **** is gonna make a cameo today.

Howsie

International Captain
Eh, Pant looked terrible there. Hard hands, no foot movement. Was always going to get out like that.

India may be the worst SC team we’ve had tour here in the last 3-4 years

Flem274*

123/5
Utterly disgraceful batting from India this morning. How is this team top of the rankings??
because they still tour better than anyone else and dominate at home

they won against the ultimate hometown heroes australia in australia. no one else except steyns sa and a one off england has done that in decades.

Flem274*

123/5
India may be the worst SC team we’ve had tour here in the last 3-4 years
sri lanka, though they're hard to rate because they can pull an innings out of their arse at any moment. hawke cup level bowling attack though.

pakistan surrendered.