• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Pujara, that's a big wicket. I think Jamieson could have a long test career.

In a couple of years I'd like to see us play Boult, Ferguson, Jamieson, Nathan Smith as 4-man pace attack in NZ conditions. Ravindra and possibly Dean Foxcroft can bat in the top 6 and provide spin.
Is this the young fast bowler who has been out with an ankle injury?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Nathan Smith is a medium-fast swing bowler who can bat a bit. You're thinking of Ben Sears.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Despite the odd ripper, Boult's looked ordinary all season. I know all the injuries don't help, but it does illustrate the perils of trying to rush players back without any prep.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Cool, thanks. Is Sears a viable candidate to play for the BC?
Still very young and raw, only played 3 or 4 FC matches so far, so hard to say. But he's definitely proper quick, swings it a touch, gets sharp bounce and has grabbed a couple of decent bags already. Definitely one to watch over the next couple seasons.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like the probability of someone breaking down and NZ racking up 650 is lower than losing the toss and being 3 down for sfa without enough batting to drag us to a competitive total.
May be on track for both

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Despite the odd ripper, Boult's looked ordinary all season. I know all the injuries don't help, but it does illustrate the perils of trying to rush players back without any prep.
Honestly he's 3rd picked seamer for me now tbh. Southee's had a better record over the past couple of years and Wagner's a beast. When Wagner returns for the next test I think Boult should be the one to sit out IMO

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Still very young and raw, only played 3 or 4 FC matches so far, so hard to say. But he's definitely proper quick, swings it a touch, gets sharp bounce and has grabbed a couple of decent bags already. Definitely one to watch over the next couple seasons.
Seems like he can hold the stick as well, in a fairly orthodox fashion. Standard obviously isn't great but tons batting three or four in club cricket isn't anything to sneeze at.