• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2020

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Nice... toss won. Good start. Now to put the ball in good areas and put India under pressure. Good cloud cover on day 1 and 2 so it's going to be interesting.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good toss to win, but with all the forecast cloud cover around I don't think this will be quite as much of an advantage as it usually is.

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
Would be a good toss to win and bowl first. Having followed firebirds over the last few season many time they bowled first bundled the opponent out in one or two sessions, batted for couple of days and bowled them out again.
That would do nicely.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Massive call to leave out Saha and Yadav? No Ishant Sharma either? I thought Yadav would have been real good on this deck in comparison to Saini.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pant won't be in the team though, will he? Saha is the incumbent.
When Saha came in the rationale was that they'd need a better gloveman at home given the amount of spin that might be bowled. Pant was "dropped" despite sporting a Test batting average of 44 and having hit a ton in Australia three Tests earlier.

I think Pant might still be away incumbent, and they did give him the gloves and bat him up the order in this game, which does suggest they're at least considering that.
I think Pant’s form in all formats was the primary reason for dropping him, the better gloveman reasoning just gave them that much more ammo.
Stocks in Daemon Pty Ltd plummeting. And before anyone tries to tell me my stocks are plummeting when he drops two catches and holes out for 40 odd, it was a prediction rather than a recommendation. See:

Yeah I'd definitely pick Saha. I can see them not doing that though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Listening today on radio-sport which, despite its flaws, I like. Can't quite believe that won't exist soon - hope there's a decent replacement.

One hundred tests for Ross Taylor - amazing career.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I was legit disappointed from an entertainment POV that India was not bowling (mostly because of Bumrah) which is a first as an Indian test fan.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pitch being slow and both the New Zealand quicks operating at 130kph is a help for India. They have plenty of time to adjust.