• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
nah this is fine. a bit defensive but it sends a statement about our batting, which is historically often frail. we want india to remember this for the next time they tour/if they ever tour nz again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If NZ win, that 302 would be in contention for the greatest innings of all time, even though ideally how India bat and NZ bowl should have nothing to do with how we judge it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm part of the 'let's declare' brigade but I can totally understand how a captain who has just heroically played his guts out would not fancy risking it all for 2-0 when 1-0 is virtually assured. In perspective, it's a perfectly reasonable decision

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nah this is fine. a bit defensive but it sends a statement about our batting, which is historically often frail. we want india to remember this for the next time they tour/if they ever tour nz again.
Can bat until lunch and still get two sessions to go at a side that will really want to go home now.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
And you know what the worst thing would be, is if India were to collapse and somehow manage a draw because the number of overs ran out/time ran out

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
i watched the krauss lecture in your sig again the other night SS. i had forgotten how mind blowing it was.
Yea, it was pretty great. He wrote a book on that. I am trying to get better at explaining science, writing articles and giving small lectures, but then I hear someone like him and realize how much better some people are at it than I'll ever be!
v

Meridio

International Regular
Wagner is annoying me here. While I can see (though don't agree with) not declaring now, I don't get why you'd dead bat everything.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm trying to think of better NZ innings than the 302. I think Bob Blair (and Bert Sutcliffe) in SA against Adcock is still number one because of the personal circumstances for Blair.