• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, Zaheer bowled far, far too wide of off stump and strayed down leg quite often as well.
I'm saying when he did get it right, he found the results. He got it right more often than Sreesanth.

Ganguly into the attack now, good start.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ganguly gets his man! Super cpataincy! :laugh:

EDIT: Hawkeye has it missing off stump, but it looked pretty adjacent to me in real time.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Cue the collapse. Makes you wonder what on earth India's openers were playing at.

Poor effort by Cook, actually, after the start he was given. He needs to capitalise on these starts rather better than he does, tbh.

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
Oh my God, the new ball shouldn't be a full bat's width away from the batsman! It's either way outside off or right on his legs....this is ridiculous.
I'm sure they're just taking some time to come to terms with the slope. Not that they are expected to perform well (the pace bowlers) but I expected them to perform slightly better than this.

Perm

Good effort from Ganguly, I'm sure Cook will be extremely frustrated with himself.

Perm

Cue the collapse. Makes you wonder what on earth India's openers were playing at.

Poor effort by Cook, actually, after the start he was given. He needs to capitalise on these starts rather better than he does, tbh.
He usually does though, six centuries in 18 matches is hardly a poor conversion rate.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As I've said before I'd love for VRV to be in the team. Zaheer, Sreesanth and RP are all...well...too similar imo i.e pitch up and swing bowlers. VRV is genuine pace and I think you need a bit of that.
I'd love for VRV to be in the team too... and I see Steve Bucknor's getting his old anti-Indian bias out again with that LBW... oh wait... :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Yeah, I agree actually. If you're looking for a fault with the young fella it's that he never really goes on to big tons. 6 tons in 17 (? IIRC) tests is a fair effort, but a highest of 127 is a shade disappointing.