• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
His mother would offer you chai and samosas for that defense of her son but please know that you are wrong.

R Ashwin the fastest to 100 Test wickets in over 80 years | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

So, yeah, wrong again. If he had only played home tests, he would be treated like Samaraweera now and be over rated now which would be nice but he at least won't be criminally under rated like he is now. And I know no one likes being told they are wrong but you are so wrong.
30 of those 100 wickets came against WI, Ashwin still hasn't done much outside the SC yet and has feasted on opposition that can't play spin on helpful wickets, that's not to discredit him of course because at the end of the day you still have to take wickets. Ashwin's a good bowler, but he's not guaranteed a place on his bowling alone. Despite being the fastest to 100 wickets he still averages 30, which isn't exactly exceptional. Anyhow you can keep thinking I'm wrong, it doesn't really bother me lol.

Ashwin averaged 52 against England at home, got completely outbowled by all 3 spinners and against batsmen who actually applied themselves.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
30 of those 100 wickets came against WI, Ashwin still hasn't done much outside the SC yet and has feasted on opposition that can't play spin on helpful wickets, that's not to discredit him of course because at the end of the day you still have to take wickets. Ashwin's a good bowler, but he's not guaranteed a place on his bowling alone. Despite being the fastest to 100 wickets he still averages 30, which isn't exactly exceptional. Anyhow you can keep thinking I'm wrong, it doesn't really bother me lol.

Ashwin averaged 52 against England at home, got completely outbowled by all 3 spinners and against batsmen who actually applied themselves.

Bhajji got owned even worse everytime a decent oppostion showed up, even at home...

Shri

Mr. Glass

Yeah, no. He had some technical flaws when playing against England which he actually fixed after the series and hasn't repeated since. Bhajji is a prick who can do no wrong in his head and has fixed none of his mistakes in his career. The original pie chucker. Leg side pie chucker.

cnerd123

likes this
Wait, what are we debating - if Bhajji sucked around the time of his dropping, or if Ashwin in his recent slump was as bad as Bhajji?

In the first case, it's quite clearly yes. Everyone who saw him bowl knew he wasn't Test standard anymore.

For the second debate, I can't say, because their issues are different. Ashwin wasn't bowling filth, but wasn't bowling to any real sort of plan. He was lost. He got a lot better in the Aus and NZ tours tho.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin in Australia was the best I've ever seen him bowl in Test cricket.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed. Kohli was too adventurous with that Umesh-Aaron-Karn trio option. He'll learn.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
One thing for sure the ODI series will be a cracker. This is BD best chance to play lots of series against India in future if they win it.

OverratedSanity

What's Dhawan done in the subcontinent which makes him a beast? Apart from his debut hundred I remember nothing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Basing on OD and T20 showings, OS... Obviously, even if it was just one knock, you gotta admit how good it was..

OverratedSanity

Basing on OD and T20 showings, OS... Obviously, even if it was just one knock, you gotta admit how good it was..
Oh I thought the comment was about tests. Odis yeah I agree. But then he's an excellent player everywhere. Doesn't rely on SC conditions to pump up his record. He's been a beast almost everywhere he's played so far.