• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
No motivation in the field whatsoever. I see a stubborn captain and management. Drawing on a flat pitch with handful of batsmen. Must be some big achievement.

Burner

International Regular
Pujara has done pretty well in county cricket. Should be getting him back in the team instead of dhawan.

Burner

International Regular
It's a neat strategy to have a explosive opener in your team though. Seeing Dhawan in Australia, I thought that he looked menacing at times, but then he nicked off to the keeper. Almost everytime he got out quickly after getting a start. I am not convinced that he can't go big in oversees conditions but time will tell, I guess.

indiaholic

International Captain
Doesn't really matter if he is not good enough in England, Australia, SA and NZ. A majority of our matches are played in India and as long as he can dominate, he gets to stay in the team. Think of him as a little less pretty version of Jaywardene.

Burner

International Regular
Dhawan would have to double ton up, I would think, if he wants to keep Rahul Dravid's son out.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I think Dhawan merits to be the opener for the upcoming season. Let KL Rahul keep developing and know that he's waiting in the wings.

I don't think this 5 bowler strategy will be pursued often. Against more decent competition we'll probably drop off a seamer and bring back Pujara. I would prefer him at #6 though. Rohit seems more suited to be a #3. The #6 needs to be responsible, stable batsman capable of shepherding the tail and that's definitely Pujara over Rohit.

pranay

Cricket Spectator
Dhawan's USP in this team is scoring at quicker pace irrespective of the wicket and bowlers. There is always a boundary lurking around when he is batting. This more than few times would result in a tame and untimely dismissals too.
Once in a while he will be caught napping overseas when the ball starts swinging, But he is a better ROI compared to others for opener spot. He can score runs in abundance rest of the time and that's precisely what this indian team set for a new journey under kohli needs. Couldn't start so much hatred towards dhawan. It could be probably to the fact that he frequently squanders his wicket after a good start way too easily

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dhawan's USP in this team is scoring at quicker pace irrespective of the wicket and bowlers. There is always a boundary lurking around when he is batting. This more than few times would result in a tame and untimely dismissals too.
Once in a while he will be caught napping overseas when the ball starts swinging, But he is a better ROI compared to others for opener spot. He can score runs in abundance rest of the time and that's precisely what this indian team set for a new journey under kohli needs. Couldn't start so much hatred towards dhawan. It could be probably to the fact that he frequently squanders his wicket after a good start way too easily
Dhawan has been terrible outside Asia. After 13 tests, he averages 35 over all. Even in first class cricket his average is just 44. Dhawan has actually improved a lot since when he was a batsman in his early 20s but till he proves himself outside the subcontinent, boundaries might be lurking but the balls will reach the fielders rather than the boundary more often than not.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Re Rohit Sharma playing ahead of Pujara, ffs, this is bull****. I remember how Raina played a test recently. These things shouldn't happen. The argument that Rohit Sharma may score runs is a flawed one. He is a poorer test player than Pujara, even in Asia.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If it comes to be revealed that Kohli thinks Dhawan>KL and Rohit>Pujara, then I will haunt Jono for 6 months straight, every day.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think Dhawan merits to be the opener for the upcoming season. Let KL Rahul keep developing and know that he's waiting in the wings.
Wow, really? Rahul has proven himself at the domestic level, showed he can bat in difficult conditions abroad. Now you want them to snub him?

Last edited: