• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm surprised Gavaskar is in that mob. Such a great player and a great man. Mind you - he did go all strange at a World Cup once.
Yeah Gavaskar has never been looked at a great man though. He's unlikeable now for a number of reasons and was pretty hated in many circles even as a player. ATG cricketer, but not a well liked figure. For good reason.

Yeah Gavaskar has never been looked at a great man though. He's unlikeable now for a number of reasons and was pretty hated in many circles even as a player. ATG cricketer, but not a well liked figure. For good reason.
What has he done to be disliked? Have you seen the man's test match fourth innings average? He is a dead set champion as a player.

For mine, India's best batsman. Up there with Kapil Dev as best cricketer.

Last edited:

Daemon

What has he done to be disliked? Have you seen the man's test match fourth innings average? He is a dead set champion as a player.

For mine, India's best batsman. Up there with Kapil Dev as best cricketer.
Yeah agreed, though I'd have him behind Kapil and Sachin. He's a bit unlikeable because of his temper and tendency to throw the toys out of the pram and he can be dire in the commentary box which is what has put people off. Very underrated by the casual cricket fan.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah agreed, though I'd have him behind Kapil and Sachin. He's a bit unlikeable because of his temper and tendency to throw the toys out of the pram and he can be dire in the commentary box which is what has put people off. Very underrated by the casual cricket fan.
Don't think he is underrated. Haven't seen too many people who don't think he is India's second best batsman of all time.

OverratedSanity

No one really underrates him as a cricketer. Widely regarded as one of the 3 best openers ever along with Hobbs and Hutton.

He's just an unlikeable **** though.

Daemon

Don't think he is underrated. Haven't seen too many people who don't think he is India's second best batsman of all time.
No one really underrates him as a cricketer. Widely regarded as one of the 3 best openers ever along with Hobbs and Hutton.

He's just an unlikeable **** though.
By casual cricket fan I meant the people who comment on the chatbox of cricket streaming sites