• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

cnerd123

likes this
Seems like Ashwin beasted it and Bangla were Bangla.

Only 30 overs left in the game tho. Surely BD can't lose from here?

Also forgot to mention this earlier - it's nice to see Aaron get a game. Thought they would have gone for Bhuvi/Shami. Not sure if they both weren't fit, but even if they were, Aaron needs gametime and this is a great opportunity to get him some (albeit only 8 overs)

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India go down one place to number 4, *****.

Watched most of the test today.

Aaron was just bowling it short. Yadav kept straying it down leg. Some one needs to coach these bowlers a bit.

Ashwin was good but his balls still don't have the bite I would like them to have. Given that Harbhajan is usually not that great with the kookaburra, he wasn't completely ****. He would be more threatening with the duke ball given that he would get more bite. While Ashwin is clearly the better bowler of the two, I have a bit of time for Bhajji still.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. Bhajji has great upside when he gets tracks where he can beat batsmen when they are defending but honestly, we don't even get those type of tracks in domestic cricket now, that often. Even here, he was only looking threatening when the batsmen were making the play. Ideally, I would be ok if Bhajji replaced Ashwin for the ODIs or T20Is in our team, to give him a break. But in tests, I would have Ashwin everytime. I feel for SL and RSA, we may need Jadeja or Axar in as the left arm spinner and we should try out Mishra again. Given that Mishy is not the worst bat, esp. in SC conditions, I would like to see Bhuvi and Ishant as our two seamers in those tests. That would be the best balanced attack we can field.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Two terrible posts. Ashwin is a lock in for all formats after his WC performance and the way he looks in good form now in general.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Two terrible posts. Ashwin is a lock in for all formats after his WC performance and the way he looks in good form now in general.

I am not suggesting he was bad in ODIs. I meant if Ashwin can be given a break, then Bhajji can be a good replacement. I would expect Ash to be our #1 spinner in tests for sometime at least and therefore, would prefer if he can rest around a few JAMODI series. Where exactly in my post did I say Ashwin has been bad in ODIs? Terrible posting...

Shri

Mr. Glass
I am not suggesting he was bad in ODIs. I meant if Ashwin can be given a break, then Bhajji can be a good replacement. I would expect Ash to be our #1 spinner in tests for sometime at least and therefore, would prefer if he can rest around a few JAMODI series. Where exactly in my post did I say Ashwin has been bad in ODIs? Terrible posting...
It wasn't that. It was the suggestion about playing Jaddu, Mishra or Axar. Time to try out new spinners. Ashwin rage was directed at Pratters. Aright lets be honest, I glaze over most of your posts by principle but I still managed to call out a terrible idea on second viewing. Anyways, so, yeah.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I would go with

1. Tamim
2. Soumya
3. Liton
4. Mushy
5. Shakib
6. Shabbir
7. Nasir
8. Mash
9. Sunny
10. RBX
11. Taskin

I think we have to be careful about liton's position as he is just starting his career. He is used to opening mostly in domestic. Soumya is a lock in for opening position for now. Liton the sort of player can be played almost at any position even as a finisher but we have two excellent players for that role- Shabbir and Nasir. Mushfiq and Shakib are core for middle order although Mushfiq at 3 is a good option. Still dont know why Anamul is dropped. Management said it has to do something with his strike rates. Rony who is preferred ahead of him has also strike rate on the lower side in domestic. Haven't seen him play so can't pass exact judgement tbh. But if you drop someone atleast have some valid reason. Also they dropped Abul without giving him any game. I'm sure Mustafizur has more potential than Abul as a bowler but when you are investing on a guy for a long term, give him a chance atleast before dropping.

Looking at the team, I think we will cause plenty of problems for India. Won't be surprised if we can pull off one win.

cnerd123

likes this
I think Anamul has been dropped because his technical shortcomings are really hindering him at this level, and Mustafizur did bowl really well on debut + is a lefty.

Wouldn't play Liton at 3, especially if he is keeping too. I'd put him at 7 and push everyone else up one spot.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I went through this playing Liton lower but then if 3 wickets fall early, can we really count on the order of shabbir, nasir and liton to make hays. Nasir did not play any significant innings for a long time now. Though i trust shabbir enough to grind. If mushy plays at 3, then I would have shakib at 5 probably. Liton at 4, shabbir at 6 followed by Nasir. This is contradicting slightly to that 'play your best bats up' may be. But I think the middle lower order after 4 becomes a bit thin if we play shabbir, nasir and liton there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It wasn't that. It was the suggestion about playing Jaddu, Mishra or Axar. Time to try out new spinners. Ashwin rage was directed at Pratters. Aright lets be honest, I glaze over most of your posts by principle but I still managed to call out a terrible idea on second viewing. Anyways, so, yeah.

No you didn't... I meant that Jaddu, Axar or Mishy can be tried instead of Bhaji, not Ash.. So even second viewing did not help you much there..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is no doubt that Ashwin is the best spinner right now. He has a lot of scope for improvement though. I wish his deliveries had more bite at times. Akhtar made the point that he could move closer to the stumps at times, which I agree with. As Ashwin has played for India for a long time, it's easy to forget that he is still a very young spinner. The amount he can improve just means he can take a lot of wickets when he reaches his potential.

If I compare Ashwin with Harbhajan at his best, or Kumble after he got back in the team, there is a long way to go for Ashwin. I think that's the right way to look at it.

Regarding Harbhajan - if he loops it up a bit, he can still get that extra bite, which can lead to a lot of wickets. So, no, I won't give up on him yet. Play him in a test in India with the duke ball which is primarily his strength and he and Ashwin will be deadly together. Don't play him abroad as he has never really been good with the kookaburra.