• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Bangladesh 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fifties in 12 consecutive tests. Mominul had got to 11 before being felled by the mighty Harbhajan today for 30.

cnerd123

likes this
Was away in China last few days, so forgive the silence, but to catch up:

1) Yay 5 bowlers
2) BOOO no Pujara
3) WTF BD why are we still playing Hom. And why Jubair. Why only one fast bowler.
4) Booo rain
5) Rahane WAG
6) Awful pitch
7) Seems like Ashwin bowled well
8) Kayes WAG

How did Bhajji bowl?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The best part about his name is when he takes the zing bails off, everyone can tell the batsman he just got Litt up

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
How did Bhajji bowl?
Bhajji bowled ok ish but his lengths were a bit fuller to be effective here. In contrast Ashwin bowled on the shorter side and extracted more spin and bounce. I think bhajji bowled a bit too straight and did not get the nip. His ball to dismiss mominul was good, slightly beat him in the air. But Ashwin was much better.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How did Bhajji bowl?
Flat. Actually, he bowled them all flat to Kayes and the last ball, he popped it up a bit, Kayes went for it and got out. After that, Bhajji was flighting the ball a bit more and getting into a rhythm before the rain came down. He has never really been impressive with the Kookaburra, so it was smart of Kohli to start with Ashwin rather than Bhajji.

Meanwhile, Manjrekar raised a point that he didn't see India ever playing 5 bowlers outside the subcontinent. I don't quite agree with that. A sixth batsman doesn't add that much compared to a 5th bowler as usually the sixth batsman isn't very good. I like the 5 bowler strategy till we get a better all rounder. Can't get more aggressive than this.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
ODI squad has been announced today. Good to see Liton in there. Generally he is an aggressive batsman. Dont know whats Rony Talukdar doing in there. Tamim and Soumya should be deadset for opening slots. Also I dont think Mominul is getting a game here.

ODI squad: Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Shakib Al Hasan (vice-captain), Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Arafat Sunny, Taskin Ahmed, Rubel Hossain, Rony Talukdar, Mustafizur Rahman, Liton Das

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was going to say what a **** Test match this was looking like. But then I saw the scorecard.

Take a bow, Imrul Kayes.

Gowza

U19 12th Man
Would like to see liton slot into #3. Surprised anamul didn't make the squad. Will be interesting to see which pacers they pick.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to see liton slot into #3. Surprised anamul didn't make the squad. Will be interesting to see which pacers they pick.
I think mashrafe, rubel and taskin are first choice pacers and also they are doing well as a pack. I've seen very little of mustafizur. He has good action and swings with some shape but he needs to get a bit stronger physically.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is like that SL series that was drowned out a few years back. Can't recall who it was against. Terrible scheduling.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Liking this proposal. Bangladesh declaring with 111/3 and India declaring with 0/0. Bangladesh to chase 351. Kayes already at the crease anyway. Anything possible.