• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

shankar

International Debutant
Is this Sehwag's best innings in his career? I think so. Scoring well above 60% of the team's total right now, and no one else has been able to do anything, which suggests the pitch isn't as good as he is making it look.
I'd put the Chennai ton ahead of this.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Still 40 overs to go in the day. I wouldn't mind if India tries to go ballistic for the next 10 overs and set Australia 210-220+ off 30. India won't win but at least they'd be attempting to do something. Just batting out the day at their current pace would be incredibly boring to watch and too accepting of a series loss.

Last edited:

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
I saw some intent to play shots in that 1st over. Will be interesting to see what approach they take against Symonds.

river end

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Guessing India want to draw this match.
In reality why would India want to risk losing this match for the highly highly improbably chance of them winning it?
In the overall scheme (ICC Test championship) they are better off going for the draw.

Test Championship
"A drawn match between higher and lower rated teams will benefit the lower-rated team at the expense of the higher-rated team"

jeevan

International 12th Man
If we can get 5 for 2 and then score at 9.4 / over, we are not without a chance.
Not even. Dravid has a broken finger and RP a torn hamstring, unless either wants to do an Eddie Paynter (was that Adelaide too?) , need to get only 3 wickets and something like 7 an over.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Was looking up Adelaide stats, and 309 is the highest 3rd innings score at Adelaide in a long while, current innings being the next. Seems that the 3rd innings stereotype has some basis.

Oops, Sehwag out. Harbhajan and Ishant are the only batsmen left (barring Dravid & RP).
ATM, Australia needing ~ 7.5 runs/over if they bat right away.

pasag

RTDAS
How annoying is it that there isn't a fifth match? Such an anti-climax here to a splendid (cricket-wise) series. Gaah.