• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Anyway this shows that Dravid isn't an opener. Would Ponting be as effective if he opened with Hayden?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anyway this shows that Dravid isn't an opener.
No, it doesn't. It shows he isn't in great form. I'd really love it if he scored a ton now after all these comments. He's seen off the shine now for the middle order and he's still there. He's starting to get his timing right off Symonds. Not in great form, no, but one innings (actually, less than that, as he's still bloody batting) doesn't prove anything either way.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Also, Evermind, it'd do you well to rein in your anti-India sentiments, which are more than bordering on irrational.
there is term called freedom of speech.. that gives me the permision to state my point of views and say what i like and what i don't like...i have the right to say what team i like and what team i am against.. i don't hate indian people i wana clear this.. (as i am typing this i am watching an indian movie).. i just don't like the indian cricket team and i am bold enough to say that..

if saying that makes me irritional then i am and deal with it..

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
No, it doesn't. It shows he isn't in great form. I'd really love it if he scored a ton now after all these comments. He's seen off the shine now for the middle order and he's still there. He's starting to get his timing right off Symonds. Not in great form, no, but one innings (actually, less than that, as he's still bloody batting) doesn't prove anything either way.
Yay, 2500 ball centuries :p

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
there is term called freedom of speech.. that gives me the permision to state my point of views and say what i like and what i don't like...i have the right to say what team i like and what team i am against.. i don't hate indian people i wana clear this.. (as i am typing this i am watching an indian movie).. i just don't like the indian cricket team and i am bold enough to say that..

There is also this term called "do what the mods tell you"...

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
it took him 41 delievers to get off the mark.. i personally don't call that cricket.. play the game aggressively or don't bother to play it..

I can understand players taking some time to get used to the conditions etc, but 41 balls lol :laugh:

I hope he gets out soon tho. I don't have the patience to watch someone leave, defend every ball. I have a Christmas break from school, and this is not fun at all.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah that's fair enough. I reckon he is a four or a good scoring shot away and he will be set, he just needs a break to go his way. If he can hang onto lunch, then who knows?

And Bill Lawry STFU.

Craig

World Traveller

Don't like the Indian team fine, but there is a thing called flaming and that is what your doing.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I can understand players taking some time to get used to the conditions etc, but 41 balls lol :laugh:

I hope he gets out soon tho. I don't have the patience to watch someone leave, defend every ball. I have a Christmas break from school, and this is not fun at all.
Go and watch YouTube highlights reels then and come back when it's the next Twenty20 World Cup.

The people whining about slow scoring would undoubtedly be the ones burning effigies if he slashed at his sixth ball and guided it nicely to Matthew Hayden in the gully

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
there is term called freedom of speech.. that gives me the permision to state my point of views and say what i like and what i don't like...i have the right to say what team i like and what team i am against..
There is also the term "ownership rights". You can say and think what you like, but if what you say makes this forum a worse place, the owner of the forum (you know, the one who pays the hosting and domain bills so we can all be here..) is within his rights to exclude you from it.

If a moderator warns you about something, take it on board or you won't be around for much longer. If you can't tell the difference between civil liberties and participating in something that someone else pays for you to do, you have bigger problems than your inferiority complex with India.

Sorry to go off topic, but it really irks me when someone claims it is their right to post here.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even Ian Chappell said it's ridiculous of Dravid willing to leave, defend every ball.
I disagree with Ian Chappell regularly. He'd never say this wasn't cricket though, or utter "play the game aggressively or don't bother to play it." Cricket isn't about aggression - it's part of it, at times, but the game goes on without it all the time and the nature of it going for five days is at the forefront of that.