• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

chalky

International Debutant
You will need 2 spinnrs in the squad to Pakistan & to the West Indies if the pitches are the same as they have been in recent years.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Just thought I'd do some investigation into the tail-wagging. Here are the runs made by both sides after the loss of the 6th wicket. It looks fairly even, but India's innings here pushes it in their favour.

MELBOURNE

India

1st – 74

2nd – 17

Australia

1st – 52

2nd – 63 (declared 7 down)

SYDNEY

India

1st – 202

2nd – 63

Australia

1st – 329

2nd – 8 (declared 7 down)

PERTH

India

1st – 46

2nd – 134

Australia

1st – 49

2nd – 113

ADELAIDE

India

1st – 189
great stat there....Aussies have done pertty well too :)

Laurrz

International Debutant
The new Australia?

On the whole, our bowling hasn't been bad at all. We've bowled enough wicket taking balls for 15+ wickets on an absolute featherbed by now, but poor fielding has cost us. We don't have any major problems at the moment because Johnson, Lee and Clark are all bowling pretty well. We just need to work on our catching, which sounds obvious enough, but had we taken all our catches it'd be a very different story out there. Catching is something that can easily be fixed.

All out. World record for Gilchrist.
ppl forget with Warne and McGrath we also struggled against batting lineups at times on dead wickets

sideshowtim

Banned
ppl forget with Warne and McGrath we also struggled against batting lineups at times on dead wickets
Exactly. We only took 6/550 against England last time around. Was that an indicator of the 'new Australia'? Give me a break. Some people are so reactionary.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah, as I said, Warne, McGrath, Clark and Lee were just as ineffective first innings last year. CA really need to start preparing pitches that play to our strengths and stop thinking about the gate earnings.

India to win by an innings :)
Haha, nah. India are in a great position, but that's stretching it. If the best batting line up in the world can't crack 500 in two shots on a flat pitch, I'll be damned.

Nah, 70+ imo
Depends how he plays. If he grinds it out there's no telling how much he can score, if he tries to play Mr Aggression, then he won't last long.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
0/12 after two overs - 6 per over. - will have a 1st innings lead here after 90 overs!! Woo Hoo!!

JBH001

International Regular
This is so frustrating, India play 5 bowlers and the tail wags! Their gamble pays of spectacularly and they haven't even gone out to bowl yet!
Haha, yeah. Did not pick it myself. Thought that India would fold more or less quickly after SRT got out this morning. But Kumble and his bowlers had other ideas. Not that I am complaining mind. Few things I like better than the Australian bowlers going on a leather hunt. And Kumble seems to have batted exceptionally well.

Unfortunately what with work and gym and all I have not been able to watch any of todays play at all. Is there anything in the pitch for the slow bowlers or is it as much of road as it seems?