• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh, and his S/R has been: 0.00, 34.37, 15.38, 42.68, 36.53,43.67. I knew it was lower, but that's ridiculous - considering he is as ugly as ever to watch. But good on him for at least trying to change his game up.
Aren't you the same person who was criticising Dhoni for playing defensive in his crucial knock early in his inning at Perth? Coming from some one who used to cricise Dhoni for playing reckless in tests, I thought that you would praise him for gritting it out there and was dire to see you cry over Dhoni at the time. Don't see how he is as ugly to watch either as he is playing better defensive strokes than ever before (he has clearly worked hard on his game) while hitting clean fours as well.

Last edited:

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dhoni has shown he can score runs in Australia but we have to agree that he is not in form. He is not captaincy material yet. And he seems to be thinking a T20 win is everything.

God bless him!!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
not at all, mate. I want the side to be united just as much you and Jono would. Nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong about all that. I juz commented on things as I saw them back then and to me, even now, during the WC, the side did look a little DISJOINTED. As I said, I have never really seen Sachin show so little activity while fielding as far decision making and ideas are concerned as during the WC. And while what Ganguly has said may well be true, we have also heard public retorts about Chappell and his ways from the likes of Ganguly, Sachin, Harbhajan etc... And Dravid has praised Greg Chappell quite a bit... That is why one tended to think on those lines.

But if you notice during the England tour thread, I did mention that the team was very united and that even IF there has been any bitter feelings between the seniors in the past, they seemed to be out now... Cheers... And hope you celebrated the win as well as we did in Chennai. :)
No doubts in my mind that you want to see the side united as well... Yeah, as I said, you think more than I do on player equations and all. We are a bit different there which is all good... :) Celebrated the win a lot. Was so happy and still am.... :)

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Aren't you the same person who was criticising Dhoni for playing defensive in his crucial knock early in his inning at Perth?
And still am - this is not his strength. He shouldn't be doing it, though I am happy he is trying. It may work out eventually - right now it really isn't. Him trying to do it shows he cares, even though it might be misplaced.

His innings at Lord's was the worst innings I have ever seen from a batsman trying to for a draw. Ever. The only way you can go from there was up.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And still am - this is not his strength. He shouldn't be doing it, though I am happy he is trying. It may work out eventually - right now it really isn't. Him trying to do it shows he cares, even though it might be misplaced.
If he works on his defense and plays for his team, you criticise him. If he plays mindlessly aggressively, you criticise him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I criticize him because his defense still sucks, I praise him for trying to improve it. Big difference.
You criticised him as you didn't like his approach which is what I don't get given you are the same person who blasted him for his mindless aggressive approach. What you praise him for is besides the point.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Because he doesn't have the skill to pull it off!
Except, he did pull it off in the 4th test at Perth. Dhoni at Perth - 38 off 87 balls. Laxman was at the other end. To play aggressively would have been suicidal at that point. We didn't have a big lead. So he played defensively, hitting the bad balls where he could. Yet, you criticised him for playing defensively and he pulled it off in the game playing a crucial inning for us. If he played more aggressively, he could have easily been out and you would have again criticised him for playing aggressively. Whatever the approach Dhoni adopts, you criticise him. In reality, a person has to think of what game would be suitable for player x with the game a player has as the constant at the time. Given the Australian bowling, the situation of the game and Dhoni's ability, 38 off 87 isn't bad at all and should be applauded more than any thing (while being criticised for the shot he got out to mind) for gritting it out and helping the team cause.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Jaques releasing comments about showing "all-out agression" in the next Test. Really would prefer it if he kept his head down and went back to grinding out hundreds. :p

Who do you think should play in Adelaide - Hogg or Tait? Would prefer Hogg on a few levels, namely to give me a chance of keeping my avatar.
Hogg. Adelaide has been a dead track in tests in recent years. If we're trying to bowl out a side on the 5th day, I'd want Hoggy there. Plus he's superior to Tait in every non-bowling aspect of cricket as well.

And agree re Jaques. His problem in Perth wasn't a lack of aggression, it was a severe lack of judgement. Hopefully Hayden will provide a steadying presence to Jaques in the middle.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Hogg. Adelaide has been a dead track in tests in recent years. If we're trying to bowl out a side on the 5th day, I'd want Hoggy there. Plus he's superior to Tait in every non-bowling aspect of cricket as well.
Yeah. Hogg will play ahead of Tait until and unless we see a huge turn of events imo.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Yeah. Hogg will play ahead of Tait until and unless we see a huge turn of events imo.
Turn of events won't happen for sure imo. Agree with Matt's post on the flat track in Adelaide. By day four-five the pitch will be slow and Hogg is due for a good performance with the ball.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Additionally, it's not as if Hoggie has bowled poorly in Adelaide. He's actually got a reasonable record there so yeah, I fully expect Tait to be dropped.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Australia should be scared of me: Sreesanth

New Delhi: S Sreesanth has not set his foot on Australian soil yet but the spunky Kerala speedster has already issued a warning, asking Ricky Ponting's men to watch out for him in the forthcoming tri-series there.

A renowned Australia antagonist, Sreesanth is aware that spotlight would be on him Down Under because of his frequent run-ins with Ricky Ponting and his team mates, especially Andrew Symonds.

That, however, does not bother the pacer.

"I'm not scared of anyone. On the contrary, I think Australia should be scared of me because I'm back. And I'm back after a rest too," he told reporters here today.

Having featured in numerous eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation with Symonds during Australia's ODI series last year, Sreesanth knows he would be under scrutiny but does not lose his sleep over the prospect.

"Well, I always loved spotlight," he admitted.

Perhaps aware that India's ongoing Australia tour has already seen enough bad blood, Sreesanth, however, vowed that he would never overstep the line.

"Sreesanth will always remain Sreesanth. I love the game and play it with passion. I would always follow my heart.

"But having said that, I know the rules of the game and I would never overstep. I would never do something that can affect the spirit of the game," he said.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Sreesanth's just a plain try-hard. Symonds would literally smash his skull through if they confronted on the streets.

Actions speak louder than words.

pasag

RTDAS
Sreesanth does seem to take vital Australian wickets at vital times in ODIs. Has a knack for getting set Aussie batsmen out for some reason. Will be very interesting come the tri-series.