• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

jeevan

International 12th Man
MOM?
Pathan probably ahead by a nose, but it was very much a team gig more
than most wins of this significance (beating Australia in Perth) and without
the first choice opening pacers (six weeks ago Zaheer, Sreesanth).

Play of the match was easily Ishant making Ponting look like Jaffer.
If Sydney was drawn, series would've been 1-1 at this point !!

If Pathan is MOM, team selection for Adelaide will be verry interesting.

sideshowtim

Banned

arent india going a bit over the top with the celebrations ? they only won a test match not a series and there is no hope that they can win the boarder gavaskar trophy
Yeah, considering the criticism of our team after winning the match in far more thrilling circumstances, I hope the media is consistent with their criticism at least.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, considering the criticism of our team after winning the match in far more thrilling circumstances, I hope the media is consistent with their criticism at least.
its not that what they are doing is against the spirit of the game i just cant understand why they are so happy they just won a game ? whats the big deal

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Nice words from Ponting. Gave no excuses and I thought his comments on the pitch were fair without being too harsh.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
When was the last time anyone even won a test in Australia? It was.....India in 2003. It's a pretty big occassion.
i disagree australia just had a bad game which they are alowed to have every now and than, had they just won the series well than they can have a parade iff they want to but they didnt just a match

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I didn't get the interview - what did he say?
I can't remember - damn my short-term memory loss. :laugh:

Said his side was outplayed from the first day, they let themselves down with their first innings at the crease.

Pitchwise, said it was hard work, which was shown by no player reaching 100.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pretty frustrating really, on a number of levels. Aussies needed to be pumped up for this match and all the prior controversy sort of killed that. Which really annoyed me. But fair play India. I don't like you, but you were the better team.

*destroys BCCI*

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
i disagree australia just had a bad game which they are alowed to have every now and than, had they just won the series well than they can have a parade iff they want to but they didnt just a match
The Aussies didn't play that badly, it was just a very good display of Test Match bowling from the Indians.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to the Indians. I had predicted all losses, but a well deserved win that I didn't expect.

Johnson and Clark are champs. The top-batting order really let Australia down IMO. They had plenty of time to get to the score and should have been much tighter.

Will be really glad to see Hayden back. I think as time goes by his real value is starting to shed some light.

Josh

International Regular
Extremely well played by India. I think they bowled absolutely superbly (minus that short stint whilst Clark & Johnson went nuts). Thoroughly deserved the victory.

Looking forward to Adelaide. For god sake drop Tait...

haroon510

International 12th Man
Well Played india.. i have to love indian team here for proving me wrong again and again lol

Many Congrats to indian team and thier Un baise fans here in this website ( exculding SS, turboo and Nature (neutral) guy).

irfan

State Captain
Well done India! Great victory, you deserve it.

Unsavoury celebrations anyone? :p
Awesome stuff SST. Good sport.

All I can say is CHAK DE INDIA!!!!!

You gave me about 5 heart attacks there by bowling ridicuolosly short at Johnson and Clark, but by and large a magnificent bowling effort and a solid batting effort.

Awesommmmmmmmmmme