• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Top_Cat said:

Mistake of the day: picking Kumble. Adelaide Oval has for DECADES been a finger spinner's wicket and most definately NOT a wrist spinner's deck. Tim May made the ground his own and traditionally, finger spinners have been the way to go.
Kumble just finished with 5/154 and will be on a hat trick in the second innings.

Choora

State Regular
amits said:
i cant understand y does everybody want me to be unpatriotic. i have always been an indian. was born and brought up here and i will never ever leave my country, no matter what.

even if i am asked to sacrifice my life for my country, i can do that happily as well.

i always support india, no matter what and i never give up hope. i still believe that india will win this test match. we are playing against aus and shouldnt give up hope, no matter what. c my sig.

please dont ask me to be unpatriotic.
You shouldn't be unpatriotic Amit,i for one appreciate your passion for our country!

However we have to look at the reality, right now India seems to be in trouble and might even be forced to follow on and even might end up losing this test match:( I still think that Z Khan's absence was a big blow for our team, and one can't expect wonders from the replacement who just made up his debut.

Even if India do loses this test match, i have a feeling that India will strike back in the very next test match.

BTW, Indian batters running btw wkts were horrible, Tendulkar escaped a close one and then inform batsman Ganguly made a suicide.Things just not going India's way in this match.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
After Pontings sensational innings, it was sad to see him get out to such a soft dismissal, but ah well he showed why hes the next captain!!
I was stoked to see Bichel back in the wickets - and WHAT wickets!!
I like seeing Tendulkar either out for a low low score, or a big hundred. Nothing in between, so he didnt let me down today
:lol: 8D

bennyr

U19 12th Man
CDAK said:
This is how it should be finished. From 556/7 to 556 allout in a single over !!!!! Superb stuff Kumble..
The glass is most definitely half full.

I love your ability to pick out the positive in what must have been a pretty grim innings, CDAK.

And as long as V.V.S. is still in, you have very real reason to remain positive. That guy has made a habit of annoying Australian fans such as myself.

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
vvs laxman is elegant. in fact he is the most elegant player i've seen. rahul dravid on the other hand...is solid. he can be elegant at times, but usually just solid. india is in a lotta trouble now, i'd say these two need to put on another 200ish runs for india to have a chance. otherwise...they need a much better performance in the 2nd innings where they'll probably be chasing something like 450. lets hope sachin can somehow find his eye back and get a good knock under his belt!

amits

Banned
i c this now. nobody wants me t be unpatriotic. just a bit more realistic.

but i dont think i can do that. i am an indian and i have to keep the true indian flavour with me. whats the use of me being an indian, if i cant live up to it. i am an indian and i can do anything for my country.

to be realistic is just asking too much of me.

and iamdavid, yes. india is the 2010 football world cup champ. v r aiming to win it and i am sure v can win it if v play to our potential. i cant understand y u :lol:ed at it.

amits

Banned
ind 180/4. dravid and laxman played well.

a collapse in the middle after chopra and sehwag took india off to a flying start going at over 5.5 runs an over for the 1st 12 overs. these 2 batsman played aggressively as well and at this time the indian running between the wickets was good enough.

sachin and ganguly just threw their wickets away under pessure :!(

dravid and laxman were quite slow then and indias run rate even dipped from 5 to 3.5 :(

however, laxman picked up and hit a few classic shots and even brought up his 50. dravid, is still to get it.

although irfan is an all-rounder, but it will be too much to ask a good knock from the youngster.

amits

Banned
for tommorow, dravid and laxman need to stay together for a big partnership just like kolkata 2001.

also, agarkar needs to be sent in ahead of parthiv as agarkar is more of an all-ronder and he scores his runs quickly as well.

if india, play to their potential, then india can easily take a 1st innings lead and declare. india will have to bat quickly too so as to take the lead on day 3 itself giving aus 2-3 overs to play.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
amits said:

dravid and laxman were quite slow then and indias run rate even dipped from 5 to 3.5 :(

I wouldn't be at all worried about run rates at the moment, Amits. What is required from Laxman and Dravid is a couple of sessions of not getting out and amassing runs as the opportunities present themselves, as you say, they need to stay together for a big partnership.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
amits said:
india will have to bat quickly too so as to take the lead on day 3 itself giving aus 2-3 overs to play.

Right, They won't score 380 or so in a day for a start - 1 wicket and they're exposed greatly.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
to diverge slightly and to respond to iamdavid, India's soccer team is actually quite underrated.

I watched them play last year against Jamaica in England and draw 0-0. Not bad given the Jamaicans played in France 98'.

India were actually Asian football champions during the 60's but the game fell away after that.
But In the last couple of years, Indian football is looking up again under their English coach and to cut a long story short, world cup qualification from the Asian confederation in 2010 is a distinct possibility -- it is in fact their goal.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Good start to the day by Laxman and Dravid. Btw, special thanks to Ponting for that catch drop :D

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Great comeback by the Indians. Dravid brought his 100 up with a 6 and Laxman just pushed a single to get his. This is test match cricket at its best. A real contest between bat and ball. The Australians are bowling well but the Indians are batting better. A fantastic constest.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Laxman and Dravid have added 216 runs so far. It will be really cool if they can repeat what happened at the Eden Gardens in 2001. :D

Choora

State Regular
GREAT fight back by the Indian team, Laxman and Dravid showed their class and treted Aussie bowlers with little respect.

India are right now 400-5, unless there is a lower batting order collapse, Indian team will come nearby Aussie target of 500 +.

If this match too ends in a draw then Aussies are going to "feel the heat" as they were suppose to white- wash the Indian team:P , but Indians seems to be hard nut to crack!!With mighty Z Khan back (for third test) Indian team should take an under pressure Australian team with confidence,in the next match and go for the kill. I honestly think that could be posible.