• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well it might not be career threatening. But he's done for the summer

Peter Nevill imo
We've kinda joked about Nevill playing for a little while now but I would seriously pick him ahead of Wade for the role we'd want him in. I'd stick with Haddin for the time being tbh but Nev would legitimately be my next in line.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We've kinda joked about Nevill playing for a little while now but I would seriously pick him ahead of Wade for the role we'd want him in. I'd stick with Haddin for the time being tbh but Nev would legitimately be my next in line.
It really is a bizarre situation. Even if they don't drop Haddin, he'll retire at seasons end. But Paine still can't really be considered even then cause he's missed two seasons pretty much. So there's two guys they haven't really paid much attention to fighting it out. One who is great with the gloves but iffy with the bat (good form this season and all from Nev) and Wade who is the opposite. I'm fine with either of them. But I have a feeling the selectors will be conservative and just keep Haddin for now and hope one of them makes the shield final and does something in it

miscer

U19 Cricketer
people 10 years from now will never appreciate just how good zaheer was in the second half of his career. They'll look at his career average and scoff at it. hoping he gets it below 30 atleast.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Why do the Aussies keep bowling themselves into a lead and then trashing every advantage they have with the bat? Absolutely hopeless, and India are well in front here now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Nevill a superior Keeper as well? What's his batting style like? A grinder or aggressive?
Yeah Nevill's a genuine keeper and a technician with the bat. I don't think he'd be capable of playng the big innings semi-regularly like Haddin has done and like Wade probably could; but I think he'd more consistently get starts and contributions, and work better with the collapsing nature of the top/middle order. Probably the best gloveman in the Shield at the moment too.

Last edited:

readie

State Regular
Didn't know that Haddin had announced anything re. retirement?

I personally rate Wade but have never seen Nevill in action, what's his go?

readie

State Regular
Didn't know that Haddin had announced anything re. retirement?

I personally rate Wade but have never seen Nevill in action, what's his go?