• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

Antihippy

International Debutant
It's kind of the role he's pigeonholed himself into though. Just think that he pigeonholes himself a bit. Played really good rear guard ton and seem to play within himself a lot more in tests, and made him self the aggressor in odis so he always has to play that way. Needs to be more adaptable.

Last edited:

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Brayshaw and Slater. **** me dead these two are utter dimwits. Not enough oxygen in the world to waste it on these ****s.
Don't mind Slater too much on average but Brayshaw living up to my initial hypothesis about him turning out to be an obnoxious commentator.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Strange(TM) decision to send England in. I suppose it's good to have practice at chasing large totals, and they'll certainly be chasing a ****load this evening.

Last edited:

Burgey

That outfield mowing pattern is a bit trippy. Reckon it will freak me out if I watch it later tonight with a skinful.

U19 12th Man
At his best Moeen looks like he's got loads of time and is so classy, but he can look really jammy I agree. I don't think he's one of the best six batsman in the country in either format really, and is why I like an all-rounder at 8 in the test side.
mate, he's your classic slogger. classy he is not.

91Jmay

International Coach
Daft shot, he never looked settled. Match situation awareness found wanting in Moeen, not for the first time.

Burgey

That signed TPC memorabilia is the best thing Channel Nine have put up since they auctioned off The Don's ossified sweat gland in 98.

You blokes should chip in and buy it for me.

U19 12th Man
you've watched him twice, stop.
This is the fourth full match I've watched him in with a few looks at him on other occasions. Has a good eye but doesn't find the ideal strike point when he brings the bat through, i.e. his shape tends to send everything through the air, among other things. I suspect teams will expose him a bit during the world cup and he'll be sent back to work on a few things. The eye is good though.

Last edited:

Burgey

Imagine how terrible the slips cordon conversation would have been with Heals and Tubby back in the 90s

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Honestly, Moeen is such a spud. He's a spud who makes a lot of runs very quickly, and takes useful wickets, but very much a spud in his style of play nonetheless.
This reminds me of what I used to say about Nathan McCullum; that he was arguably the biggest hack in world cricket, but a useful hack all the same due to the role he'd carved out for himself. "A hack but in a good way" as I paraphrased as saying. Moeen's got much more class than Nathan McCullum though.