• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** ICC World T20 Qualifier Thread.

Which two teams will qualify?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dro87

U19 12th Man
The eligibility rules for the t20wc are more flexible thus making it easier for Di Venuto to rappresent the Azzurri without spending an entire cricket season in Italy.. Which until he has a pro contract would be nearly impossible!!

England play south African players with English backgrounds but if Italy does it's not fair?

Not possibly scared of Italy making an upset win? :D :D :D

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a reminder, Singapore beat Afghanistan in their only 50 over encounter just last year..

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The eligibility rules for the t20wc are more flexible thus making it easier for Di Venuto to rappresent the Azzurri without spending an entire cricket season in Italy.. Which until he has a pro contract would be nearly impossible!!

England play south African players with English backgrounds but if Italy does it's not fair?

Are you playing in this tournament?

turnstyle

State 12th Man

Not really. Hemp being shoehorned in to the Bermuda setup proved one semi decent pro doesn't secure WC spots. I'll also put my hand up and say I wasn't a massive fan of Murtagh being rushed in for the t20 squad either, so to see him only named as an emergency was was a top move by Cricket Ireland.

Credit to Hemp though, he hung around even after the WC. Bet Di Venuto and Geraint won't.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In don't have a problem with it at all. No-one batted an eyelid when Christian Vieri (another Australian of Italian descent) played for Italy in his chosen sport, so why should Di Venuto be any different?

Vieri's a big cricket fan too; Allan Border was allegedly his hero growing up.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
In don't have a problem with it at all. No-one batted an eyelid when Christian Vieri (another Australian of Italian descent) played for Italy in his chosen sport, so why should Di Venuto be any different?

Vieri's a big cricket fan too; Allan Border was allegedly his hero growing up.
I see that more of a Morgan moving to England equivalent. If Di Venuto hangs around after the qualifiers and plays in the WCL, i'll eat my hat.

Apparently Border got wind of this ahead of the 1998 WC and sent him a signed bat.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not really. Hemp being shoehorned in to the Bermuda setup proved one semi decent pro doesn't secure WC spots. I'll also put my hand up and say I wasn't a massive fan of Murtagh being rushed in for the t20 squad either, so to see him only named as an emergency was was a top move by Cricket Ireland.

Credit to Hemp though, he hung around even after the WC. Bet Di Venuto and Geraint won't.
I love the way PNG have announced that Geraint will be their reserve wicketkeeper.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
PNG making big strides in their cricket.

Couple of Melbourne grade cricketers involved with the Italian team too, to be fair one of them has been playing for Italy for a fair while and the other's father coached them at some stage, I believe.