• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC Under-19 World Cup 2022

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know if there's a thread already made...but I was just looking at the scorecards for a warmup match currently taking place, Australia against India at Providence.

Australia are on 274/9 in the final over. The captain, Cooper Connolly made 117 from 125 balls. Mighty impressive from him.

The Providence wicket is historically low and slow, run-scoring is hard to come by, and I expected India to take advantage of this and use their spinners more...

274 is way over par surely.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't believe the warm up games have even been broadcasted/streamed from memory

Not encouraging signs for Australia there, India chased down the target without too much difficulty. Only a warm up game I know, but it doesn't look like the bowlers has many answers. Not even sure if the planning is right, considering Providence has a reputation for taking spin bowling so many overs of pace early seems a touch odd to me

Good to see Conolloy in the runs though. He kinda came out of nowhere a bit to be picked for the last U19WC, only played a couple of games but made a nice 50 in one of them, a lot more will be expected of him this time but so far so good

Chubb

International Regular
Kayo has games from the previous U19 World Cup available, but not clear if they are going to broadcast these. I hope they do.

Aritro

International Regular
Some of these India results have been unreal, although I noticed they lost to Pakistan

SillyCowCorner1

The West Indies youths are having a tough time with their batting so far...
They are playing the SA U-19s at Bourda and were just bowled out for 189. The skipper Auguste top-scored with 52 off 47...at one stage they were 61/6...

SillyCowCorner1

England lads have amassed 359/7 against PNG, and they now have them 39/4

I was a bit surprised that none of the English batsmen who made 50s retired out.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Some of these India results have been unreal, although I noticed they lost to Pakistan
That was a close game.. Pakistan won on last ball by 1 wicket I guess. Pitches were diabolical in Asia cup. Pakistan failed to chase 120 odd in Semi final vs SL. India also won a low scoring final against SL.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Of interest for me is the young left arm seamer from SA... Aphiwe Mnyanda. Haven’t seen him but heard he is a real talent from since he was 15. Be interested to see him bowl.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Aussie quicks Salzmann and Whitney look decent. Goodish pace and excellent line and lengths so far.

Spark

Global Moderator
no speedgun but whitney looks to have decent wheels. hits the deck hard, hurrying the batsman

Beamer

Is there anyone in the West Indies who can actually bat, in any age group? What a depressing few months!

Beamer

Whatever happens from here, these two have run better between the wickets than any West Indian partnership for the last 3 years. I also like how they are both trying to angle the bat in defence to rotate the strike. Good signs.