• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** ICC Under-19 World Cup 2022

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
So did I haha, the Windies time zone is a bit rough. Judging by the Cricinfo comms it looks like he was changing it up, offbreaks to left handers then tried some left arm spin for the right handers. Worth looking at on the Kayo replay.

Speaking of which, with the hype around Brevis being AB's son I checked some of his batting this morning on the replay. Dude really has read the AB book of batting almost to the letter.
Probably only bowled a bit over half a dozen left arm deliveries, tidy enough but his right arm offies are definitely stronger at this point in his career. The ball he got Layne with was an especially fine delivery

Shri

Mr. Glass
was up late last night watching the ind vs sa game

hangargrekar is built strong, is quick and bowls a heavy ball. was constantly rushing batsmen. doesn't move it much, swing or off the seam. a bit saini like.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Liked the look of Brevis, Mnyanda and Simelane (excellent athlete). SA should probably should have chosen to bat rather than bowl first. But the inability to take risks against the Indian spinners was clear. SA batsmen (young and old) continue to be so scared of losing wickets they forget they must score runs.

Hangargrekar was impressive reminded my of Hardus Viljoen sort of bowler.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
was up late last night watching the ind vs sa game

hangargrekar is built strong, is quick and bowls a heavy ball. was constantly rushing batsmen. doesn't move it much, swing or off the seam. a bit saini like.
A useful lower order hitter as well. There is Vasu Vats in the squad who is probably quickest of them all. I don't know why he isn't playing

sphynx

U19 Debutant
I switched off before he came on to bowl, did he end up bowling both right arm and left arm offies? Always love to see a bloke who does that.
He took his second wicket with a left arm spinner through the gate to a left hander.

Third wicket was right arm off spin though the gate to a right handed.

Looked a very nice #5 batsman.

Connolly another great all round prospect for the Aussies also.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Haven't seen a load of these English players but none have massively stood out. I'm a fan of fateh singhs lower order slogging though. None really done much in county cricket as yet.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now I feel old, James Sales opening the bowling is the son of David Sales and I remember him starting his career. Another Hildreth was Sales. Hard done by not getting at least one call up for England. Love the fact father and son both have Grimwood as a middle name, obviously a family name but not a name I have heard before.

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
How many guys are from the previous WC?
Not sure, Prantik Nawrose Nabil was there as was the captain Rakibul based on the pregame package. The best players are Aich Mollah and the seamer Ripon Mondol fwiw. Otherwise this is a very weak team as exemplified by their past results