• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group C Discussion - Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe

Stapel

International Regular
75 against weaker attacks. Reckon these 2 teams are some of the best at containment so I went for 65.

Hard to get excited about this match until the second team starts to bat IMO.
My gut feeling tells me this is a good total..... But I really can't say why.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
78 from 7. Sigh. I Miss the old days where 17 or 18 would be a solid start from 7 overs.

Reckon SA are on top so I was probably wrong saying 65 was a par score.

MrPrez

International Debutant
As far as T20s go, he's good BB. Not bad as an ODI no6 either. Keep him away from the Test team though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My gut feeling tells me this is a good total..... But I really can't say why.
Any time a team has to chase over 11 runs per over, you know its a decent total!

I'm gonna count the dot balls, SA had 5, plus the 4 wickets, so SL can't afford much more.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Who is this commentating? Is it Arnold? Steyn goes past the outside edge three or four times and his only comments are
"Ball just holding up a little on this wicket" and
"Sri Lankan batsman early on their shots" :dry:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Who is this commentating? Is it Arnold? Steyn goes past the outside edge three or four times and his only comments are
"Ball just holding up a little on this wicket" and
"Sri Lankan batsman early on their shots" :dry:
Yeah. Him and Greig are the comm team in the eighth circle of hell.

Tahnny doing his usual Nein thing of calling a shot great before actually looking where it's headed.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Tahnny doing his usual Nein thing of calling a shot great before actually looking where it's headed.
Saffers seem to have fielders literally everywhere the ball is hit today - doing something right.

That 4 one of the first to find the gap.

Edit: apologies to language-Nazis for using literally in a non-literal sense :sleep:

Last edited: