• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm sure a nice place in the semi-finals will ease the pain, PS if Smith wants a lesson in batting all day and not getting cramp then ask him to watch Strauss's 160 at Lord's from the Ashes. Cheers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really understand the massive objection to Hopkins playing, this time around. Obviously not including a reserve batsman in the squad was a massive ****-up, but with the players available (keeping in mind that Redmond didn't arrive on time) Hopkins was by far the best available option. With five frontline bowlers in the team already, the next best batsman available had to be picked and that's definitely Hopkins.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm sure a nice place in the semi-finals will ease the pain, PS if Smith wants a lesson in batting all day and not getting cramp then ask him to watch Strauss's 160 at Lord's from the Ashes. Cheers.
That was the game where he went off for a substitute fielder, wasn't it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Irrelevant to him batting all day and not getting cramp though hey

Don't know if he did go off the field, I'm sure he probably took a piss at some point. In other news, Shah gone.

99*

International Debutant
:laugh: Dumb shot.

Kyle, there's a thread to ***** about Strauss, go there to moan.

Kyle

School Boy/Girl Captain
Irrelevant to him batting all day and not getting cramp though hey

Don't know if he did go off the field, I'm sure he probably took a piss at some point. In other news, Shah gone.
Not really, Smith had fielded all day without going off.

And no subs for pissing allowed by the laws.

Enough, anyway, there's a thread for that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I don't really understand the massive objection to Hopkins playing, this time around. Obviously not including a reserve batsman in the squad was a massive ****-up, but with the players available (keeping in mind that Redmond didn't arrive on time) Hopkins was by far the best available option. With five frontline bowlers in the team already, the next best batsman available had to be picked and that's definitely Hopkins.
Meh, I think a lot of the peanut gallery's (myself included) objection to Hopkins playing was partly general frustration at the squad. However there is also the point that Hopkins has looked a generally hopeless batsman whenever he's played for NZ and averages single digits in all forms. His rival for this spot in the team would have been Diamanti - I would have supported Diamanti to score more than Hopkins this match.

Edit: And Diamanti provides some bowling cover in case someone like Franklin has a bad day

But anyway, can't be arsed complaining when the bowlers have started this well :)

Last edited: