• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* GROUND CONDITIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
what's so bad about our pitch?? look @ the pitches pakistan played against us!! we're playing a spinning pitch, like the pakistani's played a dead pitch. i think it's double standards if we can't!
I don't mind the pitch turning a bit, but no pitch in Australia starts with so little bounce and so much wear.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:
double standards :!(
Conditions in Pakistan dictate that that is a possibility.

Note how I set my Queen's Park Oval conditions to 7-6-5 1-1 rather than 10-10-0 1-1. That's because the latter would be highly unrealistic.

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't mind the pitch turning a bit, but no pitch in Australia starts with so little bounce and so much wear.
well u could said that :P

but i mean when did pitch realism come into it?? since when do pakistani pitches offer NOTHING for spinners and have no wear!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cloete said:

but i mean when did pitch realism come into it?? since when do pakistani pitches offer NOTHING for spinners and have no wear!
As stated in my post above. That is a possibility in Pakistani conditions, but not in Australian conditions. Pitch realism does come into it and I would appreciate if anyone who spots a faulty pitch would point it out to Marc or me in the future.

Conditions still need to be altered.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cloete said:

Quite often in the past - a dead pitch was a tactic used by several Indian and Pakistani sides.

Would you be moaning if you hadn't been beaten twice on them?

Mr Mxyzptlk

The Australian pitch still to be named... within the next 2 hours, or else Marc and I will have to decide on the pitch adjustments.

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Quite often in the past - a dead pitch was a tactic used by several Indian and Pakistani sides.

Would you be moaning if you hadn't been beaten twice on them?
yeha well in the past that's how the SCG was :P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The Australian pitch still to be named... within the next 2 hours, or else Marc and I will have to decide on the pitch adjustments.
I believe the two hours have passed?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Yes. The 2 hours actually passed 7 minutes before it was posted, but I'll accept that, except that wear will be changed to 2 and pace will be changed to 3. I think that's realistic enough.

Pace 3
Medium 2
Spin 9

Wear 2
Bounce 2

Any objections?

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
um i have an objection, how do i post the correct side when the conditions are not done.

is very unfair..........

Mr Mxyzptlk

When the pitch is not posted, the pitch will be the same as when it was last played on. If you wish to know what these settings are (ie those of the last pitch), ask.

Cloete

International Captain
here ya go bugs... nice and early for ya

Pitch Conditions for the Second Test

Pace 3
Medium 1
Spin 10

Bounce 3
Wear 3

Status
Not open for further replies.