• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He might be pondering 200 as the lead he wants. Great position to be in for a bloke who should be pondering a 6x8 foot cell in Pentonville road gaol

91Jmay

International Coach
That over should mean declaration now. 5 RPO session ain't too bad though especially as there was genuine movement with new ball.

halba

International 12th Man
that could be the declaration as end of the session.
next two days a wash
so they have to bowl out AUS today.

Owzat

U19 Captain
Good from Bairstow
he does add runs well with the tail usually, a factor that the "batting average" bashers don't appreciate, it is as much runs scored whilst at the crease as it is individual scores.

now I've said that he'll probably get out, England must have a figure/lead in mind before declaring, I think I said yesterday (here or HYS on beeb, no idea which) I'd declare lunchtime, bit of a forecast as England weren't in front at the time, but it would give two sessions or what rain permits today and the rest of the match to get aussies out and chase any runs.

not much point declaring in arrears or slightly ahead, but my main point is I'd do it at a good time with a healthy lead not have a specific total in mind. England may end up wasting time by crawling to a target total through regular wicket loss, I'd cut losses here and declare in the interval, save two overs change of innings and come out to have to after break goes and bring in the new ball towards the end of a third (depending on when overs can be bowled of course, but 80 overs after starting out after lunch whenever that comes, day 4, day 5)

Gob

International Coach
Don't see any point of keep batting. They should do the bulk of the damage today

But seeing how the ball moves, this could finally be the time for a good old fashion collapse too with Broad getting six fer

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Why declare. Eng need to keep batting so they don't have to bat again. Aus will struggle with 250 to get

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bizarre session. England will be happy that the scoreboard still moved on despite not going that hard and perhaps more crucially the ball is starting to move around a bit.

Man that's a lucky 4-fer for Hazlewood. If he gets 5 it's one of the Hall of Shame, like some of Finn and Starc's worst efforts.

Owzat

U19 Captain
That over should mean declaration now. 5 RPO session ain't too bad though especially as there was genuine movement with new ball.
I fear England/Stokes may have a total in mind, but declarations need to come with circumstances and in this one there's a danger of play lost to weather and they lost 4 wickets for 122 runs ie momentum isn't the same as 44 off 45 balls between Root and Robinson in the 1st Test - Bairstow is well set mind

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ridiculous how the talk is about how we needed to put our foot down and stop farting around when 5 an over used to be declaration batting

halba

International 12th Man
probably going to try for atleast 230. then try to bowl them out today and also maybe sunday might sneak 1-2 hours in if needed. rain all day saturday and mostly on sunday.

Considering aus powder puff batting lineup - its definitely doable- innings victory. 2nd innings the ball will move.

what a shambolic display by AUS