• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goal for Australia should be no worse than 4 down. It probably doesn't matter that much how many runs they score, but they can't be 6/100 or something as that relies on both days being effective washouts rather than just the Saturday.

91Jmay

International Coach
that could be the declaration as end of the session.
next two days a wash
so they have to bowl out AUS today.
Dunno why people keep saying this about Sunday, they'll be play at some point. A sessions worth at least I reckon.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ridiculous how the talk is about how we needed to put our foot down and stop farting around when 5 an over used to be declaration batting
Nah not really, teams have always swung last 10 overs of a declaration. 6+ RPO wasn't crazy

halba

International 12th Man
Dunno why people keep saying this about Sunday, they'll be play at some point. A sessions worth at least I reckon.
maybe 2 hours of play on sunday from the weather forecast.
Theres 66 overs remaining today. Eng will use another 10 overs max, so about 50 overs to bowl aus out, they will only require around that - aus could be bowled out today itself.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
They should declare now. If Aus gets dismissed for a low score then Eng will win and even if they won't they can score a target of 100 or something if time permits. If they take a lead of 250 and find them in a situation when rains comes and Aus struggling on 150-8 , man tthat would be so frustrating

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah not really, teams have always swung last 10 overs of a declaration. 6+ RPO wasn't crazy
I’m drawing a long bow but Heals just made the same point. 130 in a reduced session used to be borderline headline worthy.

91Jmay

International Coach
They should declare now. If Aus gets dismissed for a low score then Eng will win and even if they won't they can score a target of 100 or something if time permits. If they take a lead of 250 and find them in a situation when rains comes and Aus struggling on 150-8 , man tthat would be so frustrating
Yeah I prefer idea of us having a chase needing like 100 at 7 an over than trying to knock out last 3 wickets in 15 overs

Wayner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
maybe 2 hours of play on sunday from the weather forecast.
Theres 66 overs remaining today. Eng will use another 10 overs max, so about 50 overs to bowl aus out, they will only require around that - aus could be bowled out today itself.
that would be great I need two days sleep to get back in sync

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Because there is a chance that Saturday & Sunday will wash out, perhaps?
What difference does it make. If Eng declare now and Aus make 250 Eng have to bat again to make 60 runs, or England keep batting to 250 lead and win by an innings. Same amount of time

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
hello all. Not seen much play but looking on scores it appears England are well on top and it’s a matter of when the declaration comes

re the weather, the Open golf is west of where this game is played, on the coast and not far away, and it’s pretty decent weather and it’s breezy so it may head to Manchester as the afternoon goes on

if I were stokes , I would declare if they achieve a 200 lead asap and try and break the back of the Aussie batting today .

the next two days will be dodgy so if they could get 6 or more today, I feel there would be enough time to get the other four over the two last days

Molehill

International Captain
What difference does it make. If Eng declare now and Aus make 250 Eng have to bat again to make 60 runs, or England keep batting to 250 lead and win by an innings. Same amount of time
If Broad is out first ball after Lunch then they've blown 10-15 mins of play. It could be precious come Sunday.