• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at Chester-le-Street

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Watson shouldn't get ahead of himself here.
I'm impressed with the way he's batted regardless of what he gets. The fact that he's managed to hold his technique and temperament together for 116 balls bodes really well for him; much more impressive than if he'd scored 70 (95) even if he gets out now. He's really built an innings and backed his defence. It reminds me of how he batted when he was a kid before the greater wisdom of CA decided it'd be great for him to play about 70 ODIs as a #7 before getting a run in the Test side, despite the fact that he was a better four day cricketer by a million miles.

Of course, his critics will point to the fact that we're well passed the time for "boding well" and that he should be making significant contributions now given his age and experience, and fair enough too, but I'm a happy camper at the moment.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm impressed with the way he's batted regardless of what he gets. The fact that he's managed to hold his technique and temperament together for 116 balls bodes really well for him; much more impressive than if he'd scored 70 (95) even if he gets out now. He's really built an innings and backed his defence. It reminds me of how he batted when he was a kid before the greater wisdom of CA decided it'd be great for him to play about 70 ODIs as a #7 before getting a run in the Test side, despite the fact that he was a better four day cricketer by a million miles.

Of course, his critics will point to the fact that we're well passed the time for "boding well" and that he should be making significant contributions now given his age and experience, and fair enough too, but I'm a happy camper at the moment.
you're not an australia fan though

benchmark00

Re rogers: He's been really lucky, no question, but you need some luck when you play on a seaming pitch, you're one ball away from being out every delivery. Has played well in between those bits of luck though.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
AJDood, what company starts at 7am on a Sunday ffs?

Hopefully, Rogers starts going all Bairstow for the next hour or so..

benchmark00

Yeah he's been most impressive today. Proper test innings from him. Haven't seen him play like this for so long.