• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Formula One Thread - Season 2006

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Cant believe there was no Formula 1 thread other than the Fantasy F1 one...Well better late than never...

So anyway...

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

They strip Michael of pole position??? I mean c'mon...Though everybody knows I am a huge Michael supporter,still anyone in their right state of mind would never,and I mean never think Schumi would do anything like that deliberately...spinning off at Monaco and park in the middle of the track...

Why? First of all Schumi puts safety and well-being ahead of anything else.Why would he put himself and other drivers on the line in harm's way that way?And why would he stall his car when he wanted to better his time by doing another flying lap? I am not even mentioning the fact he is the greatest competitor all through those years when he fought for the championship 3 years in a row to get 5 in a row thereafter and doesn't need to that...or even think of doing that.

Second of all,the margin of error for this mistake probably would have been less than 0.5 meters, probably closer to 0.25 (even less?),so Schumacher had only a 25 cm window at the corner to brake exactly at that point of time to 'stage an accident' and park in the middle of the road (in agreement with a bbc guy)...even Schumi's not that perfect to pull off something like that.

I am ready to get blasted...knowing most of you here are Anti-Schumi and you wouldn't even read into Schumi's innocence...

well...I tried.

It took FIA five years of continous rule-changing to keep Schumi off championship...with all due credit to him Alonso did not beat Schumi on his own last year...FIA did.Now they are doing it again.

All said and done I am not saying MS did any good there...even a rookie hardly makes a mistake at such a corner,but its Monaco and a car lock-up is a very complex phenomenon.Schumacher's comments after the qualifying were agreeable,Briatore was at his whiny best and well-said by the usually arrogant Alonso...

For todays race...GO KIMI! (If not Schumi that is :D )

biased indian

International Coach
nikhil1772 said:
They strip Michael of pole position??? I mean c'mon...Though everybody knows I am a huge Michael supporter,still anyone in their right state of mind would never,and I mean never think Schumi would do anything like that deliberately...spinning off at Monaco and park in the middle of the track...
Have seen a lot so cannot be sure :ph34r:

pasag

RTDAS
I am ready to get blasted...knowing most of you here are Anti-Schumi and you wouldn't even read into Schumi's innocence...
I am a big Schumacher fan, I think he is an awesome sports man and would never do something like that. Its not really in his charachter, its not his style. He is much more graceful than that, in my opinion.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Erm, have you seen Schumi before? Jerez '97? Melbourne '94 when he drove into Hill?

Last edited:

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Jamee999 said:
Erm, have you seen Schumi before? Jerez '97? Melbourne '94 when he drove into Hill?
Didn't watch 94 but in 97 it was as much fault of Jacques as of Schumi. That's my firm opinion,was watching the race live,and was totally shattered to watch it and then to see everyone faulting only Michael was pathetic

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nikhil1772 said:
Didn't watch 94 but in 97 it was as much fault of Jacques as of Schumi. That's my firm opinion,was watching the race live,and was totally shattered to watch it and then to see everyone faulting only Michael was pathetic
Jacques had gone up the inside and was away and Schumi turned in and hit his sidepod....Deliberate or momentary blindness maybe?

Matteh

If you read all the driver comments and then look at who is saying that it isn't deliberate (Willi Weber, Jean Todt) then it's pretty clear that it was deliberate.

Matteh

nikhil1772 said:
It took FIA five years of continous rule-changing to keep Schumi off championship...with all due credit to him Alonso did not beat Schumi on his own last year...FIA did.Now they are doing it again.
The sheer direness of Ferrari last year meant that Alonso and Kimi had a shot at the championship - the only race Ferrari won was the farce in America. Even this year now that Ferrari have caught up, they're still not blazing ahead.

cpr

International Coach
I'm a big Schmacher fan, one of the greatest drivers ever. But he's also a bit unsporting for want of a better phrase. No doubt in my mind that was deliberate. To lose control at Monaco is to lose half your car, he didnt lose control, he had total control of his steering all the way through (if you see from the in car camera he just simply doesnt turn the steering wheel, bar to line up his parking, and the steering works perfectly then), he didnt stall it as he said, as the engine was running for at least 5 seconds after he came to a total standstill (so even if he had lost control he still had enough control to move it)

Langeveldt

Soutie
It took the guy on the radio about one second to work out that what Schumacher did was deliberate..

I guess if he was a Backstreet Boy, and rear ended on a sharp curve, then he'd be totally innocent as well?

Matteh

Because until Schumacher won every race every year it was an interesting sport....

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
It took the guy on the radio about one second to work out that what Schumacher did was deliberate..

I guess if he was a Backstreet Boy, and rear ended on a sharp curve, then he'd be totally innocent as well?
Yes

Pothas

Schumacher proving once again that when he comes under pressure he resorts to cheating. This shows that Alonso has the measure of him.

C_C

International Captain
Schumi is the best driver of his generation by a country mile and probably the second best alltime after Senna. But Schumi isnt a very sporting guy- Jerez was blatantly Schumi's fault- Jacques had snuck inside on the corner and schumi was at the outside. At this point, the outside driver HAS to lift up and let the inside one pass- the one in the inside has the shorter line and the right of way- failure to lift from the outside driver will result in a crash.
And his accident with Hill was very very blatant.
Schumi has a penchant of turning into the corner and slamming the door shut even when it has the very high possibility of an accident- he pulled that move on Montoya too in Montoya's first season ( i think it was at Spa).