• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Twenty20 at The Rose Bowl, Southampton

wiff

First Class Debutant
Pity root did not get his hundred. ENGLAND LOOKED ALRIGHT IN THE PRELIMINARIES BUT ARE **** AT THE REAL STUFFz

Last edited:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
was a big finch fan earlier in his victorian career but he's a frustrating player, plays some great one day and t20 innings and then fails horribly in shield games. Games like this make me think t20's may as well be played with a bowling machine.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Typical CA. Fast track the citizenship of a leggie who doesn't turn 'em.
TBF he turned the fourth and fifth ball of his last over. After seeing Johnson's first over, I think I'll scrap him from my 17 to play at the gabba.

Last edited:

Hooksey

Banned
Joe Root's 90 runs off 49 balls was obviously a great effort. But didn't he pick the wrong day to be the headline act.

156 off 63 balls with 14 sixes and 11 fours!

How good was Aaron Finch?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just finished watching the match now. Incredible from Finch, well done. I think England will learn from how Dernbach bowled in his second spell and will apply that length in the second game. Our bowling wasn't anything special, fairly even really - actually I don't think I've seen a scorecard in a T20 match where a bowling unit has bowled 20 overs and the difference between the cheapest bowler and the most expensive was so low (4 runs).

dermo

International Vice-Captain
god, aaron finch scores 150, what an indictment on cricket

if he plays 1 or 2 more substantial LO innings i fully expect him to be picked in the test squad, as a potential all rounder/future captain

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scary thing is that he wasn't even used at the bowling crease. That's where he can do some damage. Waddaplaya!