• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
does this all sorta remind anyone else of lords 2009? where we came into day 5 with some hope and haddin was at the crease. pretty sure he threw it away early on and we died
It was similar. You needed more at the start of play - slightly over 200 - but you have five wickets left, including Clarke and Haddin well set. Haddin didn't really throw it away tbf, he was undone by Flintoff bowling very well with the new ball. Your number 8 hit 60 in a losing cause on that occasion. If your number 8 makes 60+ today, you'll have a great chance.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
It was similar. You needed more at the start of play - slightly over 200 - but you have five wickets left, including Clarke and Haddin well set. Haddin didn't really throw it away tbf, he was undone by Flintoff bowling very well with the new ball. Your number 8 hit 60 in a losing cause on that occasion. If your number 8 makes 60+ today, you'll have a great chance.
yeah that's right, iirc clarke on 130 odd and haddin on 80 odd, i guess i'm just used to haddin throwing it away

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Poor Agar. He hits one good knock, now so many people (not here) are expecting him to smash 80-odd to take Aus to victory.

He's just a bowling allrounder ffs.
yeah the expectation on him to deliver are pretty high here in Australia. I think people are forgetting the fact he's only a 19 year old who's playing his first test match.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I was at Lords that day. Clarke threw it away more than Haddin tbh. Ran at Swann first ball and played over the top of it.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haddin refused that single just so australia could still need 133 and agar could be 1 (33)

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia need Haddin and Agar to get the deficit down to at least 70 for Australia to have a chance I feel. Possibly even less considering Starc, Siddle and Pattinson's meagre contributions in the first innings.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's funny people go on about agar's smile etc., but I reckon he's almost got some arrogance to him. Some swagger. And it's ****ing great.

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
England have started well this morning. Bowling tight lines and some good fielding making it hard to score runs. Will be interesting to see whether Haddin and Agar can withstand the pressure and keep blocking or instead decide to swing