• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Was Agar's 70 odd for WA an innings that could've sent them to the final? I remember there were a lot of sides (four I think) who could've got to the final in the last round of matches, but I can't recall whether WA were one.

No one claims Bell played a great inns until I say so, ****.
Is it sad that I actually want England to win by as small a margin as possible, so that his innings is rated higher in your analysis?

Nah I'll be surprised if he's dropped. Whether he should play on form/class is another issue, but I think he will barring injury.
Agreed.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was Agar's 70 odd for WA an innings that could've sent them to the final? I remember there were a lot of sides (four I think) who could've got to the final in the last round of matches, but I can't recall whether WA were one.
all sides could have made the final in the last round of matches. but the 70 wasn't that match (the final round match was classic lehmann effect btw - The Home of CricketArchive)

there's the debut, where he plus rain ruined nsw's season The Home of CricketArchive
his second game, where he and hogan added 100 odd The Home of CricketArchive
and then the 70 odd, The Home of CricketArchive
and then another hogan stand which won them the match The Home of CricketArchive

wa basically had to win/save all those games

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
does this all sorta remind anyone else of lords 2009? where we came into day 5 with some hope and haddin was at the crease. pretty sure he threw it away early on and we died

Ruckus

International Captain
yeah the feelings of deja vu have been strong. That's why I don't hold much optimism here, it just feels like this is all too familiar.

uvelocity

International Coach
that dead set looks like the pitch map is to the outside of the stumps which is wrong, it should be the centreline of the stumps, that rule was changed recently

Arachnodouche

International Captain
yeah agree burgey. While I don't think he was overly impressive, I was very pleasantly surprised especially by Starc's consistency. Easily the most consistent I've seen him in tests so far. and as you said, that gives me a fair bit of faith now that basically any combination of bowlers we play should be able to keep things fairly tight.
Really? I thought he bowled a lot of loose balls at the most inopportune times. Maybe I kept tuning in when he was bowling rubbish. Anyway, I was cuing for Bird in place of Siddle before the game but the way things have panned out, I would like to see him come in for Starc,

EDIT: His figures don't look so bad at all. Cheap wickets in there as well but his four-balls were mostly rank. Short and wide.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
great news for you people in australia, you dont have to watch the boring cricket. A Knight's Tale is on C73!

MrPrez

International Debutant
Poor Agar. He hits one good knock, now so many people (not here) are expecting him to smash 80-odd to take Aus to victory.

He's just a bowling allrounder ffs.