• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Considering that when Hussey came to the crease his team were on the ropes and also the fact that this morning he's guided his team through a great spell of bowling (Anderson_ that on another day would have ripped through a line-up, you have to give credit to his innings. It's brilliant, nothing less.

pasag

RTDAS
Still think Broad is good for a couple of wickets here, one of his great strengths is that he keeps plugging away and always makes a pretty good comeback.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If we don't get one in the next few overs it will start to slip away from us

Good job STrauss and Cook are gonna both score double tons to even things up

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, still fail to address the criticisms that were levelled at him as apparently he has no spine and is liable to give up after a few unrewarded spells.
Pasag's mentioned he's been impressed with his attitude, I realise it's going to be a long tour but I don't think I'm wrong in suggesting that this innings has shown Anderson of 2010 is a far cry from the one of 06/07 and the one that quite a few people were eager to remember him as.
Said he bowled well mate...you're starting to sound like my mother.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I assume you're joking. Girls don't watch cricket and they certainly don't talk about it online. Unless they're ugly I guess.

edit: Or if they're Stuart Broad.
I can't tell whether you're joking or not, but you're a ****ing **** all the same.

dro87

U19 12th Man
hussey and haddin batting really well, both in ful flow now.. England need a wicket asp if they want to win the test

Ruckus

International Captain
God, how good does it feel to have some lower-middle order batsmen actually saving the innings? It's been so long...

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Said he bowled well mate...you're starting to sound like my mother.
Meh, I was making the point that it wasn't only his bowling that was being criticised in the build up to the series.
Not only has he shown he can bowl well in Australia, he's shown he can bowl long spells, shown he can bowl multiple spells, shown he can bowl economically.
All while not taking wickets or bowling with grey skies...

Would've thought it impossible 2 weeks ago. He was gash in 06/07 after all, remember!