• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was said. "Last time he was here he went around the park @ 80, I've not seen anything to suggest that when the going gets tough he won't bottle it. He's got no spine, if the ball's not hooping he's not interested and will go for runs" etc etc.
It was said.
An I've still not seen anything to suggest otherwise. The Gabba is the best swing bowling ground in Australia and there's been something in the deck too. He's bowled well though. Lady Boy is the one looking like a mental two year old.

Played Huss. Welcome back, Digger.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Anyone else think Strauss should take his team and have a nice sit down in the dressing room until all wrong decisions have been overturned? This blatant cheating is disgraceful and i'd expect nothing less from a bunch of filthy antipodeans.

Briony

International Debutant
Lucky ton for Hussey, he certainly must acknowledge Dar's incompetence though!

This shows that the DRS is not working properly.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Michael Hussey's greatest innings. Absolutely awesome, and did it when we needed it the most. Well done Huss. :thumbsu:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ball's moving about, going's not that tough for bowlers, Anderson has bowled well.

Don't think you're going to prove your point in this innings so far mate, Anderson's done well in conditions that keep a bowler hopeful. It would be silly to use this as an example. He's done everything he can though, and is the best bowler to this point in the innings.
Yeah, still fail to address the criticisms that were levelled at him as apparently he has no spine and is liable to give up after a few unrewarded spells.
Pasag's mentioned he's been impressed with his attitude, I realise it's going to be a long tour but I don't think I'm wrong in suggesting that this innings has shown Anderson of 2010 is a far cry from the one of 06/07 and the one that quite a few people were eager to remember him as.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Hussey, what a champion. You could just see how much that meant to him, bigger relief than Steve Waugh felt half a decade ago.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Largely irrelevant but is that eeenormous Gatorade bottle necessary? Just give them some ****ing drinks and stop trying to advertise your ****.