• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I know it's another England collapse, but at least it's somewhat understandable this time. A few of the balls since tea have been pretty close to unplayable.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol @ Clarke whinging about them referrign the catch and the commentators agreeing.

Forgotten Clarke successfully claiming ball bouncing before it went in his hands before?

Hooksey

Banned
Can't believe I doubted Australia would get the remaining wickets at the tea break. This English team are a door mat.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pasag made a post back in 2010 about Ashes cricket that I often think back to, and this series has been by far the best example of it I've ever seen.

pasag said:
Ashes is such a different kettle of fish to regular cricket, it's all about how you cope with all the tremendous external pressure. In 06/07 England were badgered into the ground by everyone in Aus, the press, the crowds it was quite intense at the time and you could tell there was nowhere to hide even for a guy who thrives on it like Fred who looked quite down and out at the time. When we go to England I think our players really lose it sometimes, the small grounds, the noise, the tabloid press, the enormity of the occasion, I think it becomes like a pressure cooker and you can tell that a) it revs up the home bowlers and b) it throws our batsmen off their game. Plans go to pot, selectors go nuts trying to find any magical combination, it's insane.

What I'm trying to say in a long winded way is that we can discuss how good each side is till the cows come home, but to a certain degree (once each side is past a certain proficiency threshold) it becomes slightly irrelevant.
It's really just completely taken on a life of its own to the point where the quality of the players involved has become a secondary influence to their performance compared to the logo on the shirt they're wearing.

Last edited:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Really want someone to hang around with Stokes for a bit of stroke play.

Stokes has made an advocate of me throughout this series, but he must be fuming right now

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol @ Clarke whinging about them referrign the catch and the commentators agreeing.

Forgotten Clarke successfully claiming ball bouncing before it went in his hands before?
MS Jono chimes in.

Buy me a steak, ****