• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, but that's "don't bowl Trott because you've picked five bowlers", not "don't bowl Trott because you've picked two spinners". :p
Well, I don't know, it sort of feels like England think they got their team selection wrong. If you feel the match is one that warrants two spin bowlers, then it's a bit worrying that a day later they're using a fourth seamer in the class of Trott. Obviously conditions are temporarily different, but still.

Hahahahahahahaha

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, I don't know, it sort of feels like England think they got their team selection wrong. If you feel the match is one that warrants two spin bowlers, then it's a bit worrying that a day later they're using a fourth seamer in the class of Trott. Obviously conditions are temporarily different, but still.
Yeah but that's because Woakes is also playing. Under "normal" circumstances of picking two spinners then Trott would be more likely to bowl than he would when three seamers were playing as he'd then be the third seamer. It made your post read funny IMO, but I'm just being a dickhead really as Spark pointed out.