• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watching you struggle with the concept of a knife and fork was pretty interesting tbf
I struggled with the concept that you had to use them when everyone else at the Chinese restaurant used chop sticks.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So wil Clarke try anything really bold in an attempt to win this??

I'd like to see another half an hour of Prior/Swann after lunch and then the last 3 wickets fall in a hurry........just to see how he plays it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I'd like to see another half an hour of Prior/Swann after lunch and then the last 3 wickets fall in a hurry........just to see how he plays it.
I predict Australia will come out nude after the lunch break as a shock tactic.

In Chris Roger's case I reckon it'll be more like a shocked tic tac.

Last edited:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant

They need them out asap to even try anything now. We should get all the over's in minus innings changes however.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right Imma head to bed, so will just say well done England on a deserved series win. Well done to virtually everyone on here too, for a keenly contested but for the most part good natured series and some worthwhile banter.

Sure, a few of the blow-ins are turds, but if they really are arse holes and not just hamming it up they won't last long. The rule of thumb is better generally perma'ed after 91 days, or Just about by the month of May.

Should give some kudos to Bell who had a fine series. Fortunately I missed each of his tons, so I can still say I've never seen him score a decent hundred. Quite simply, we need a couple of consistent top order batsmen. If a couple of the blokes improve as much as the People's Champ has, we will be well served in the home series.

Lastly, it's an indictment on how utterly terrible Mark Nicholas is that he can make even London seem like a **** city in a lunch break puff piece. He's like Graeme Swann - you'd like him to catch fire next to you so you could refuse to piss on him.

Anyways, cheers for an enjoyable series one and all, and see you for the return leg in a country with a real climate and more than three cakes of soap among the population.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Right Imma head to bed, so will just say well done England on a deserved series win. Well done to virtually everyone on here too, for a keenly contested but for the most part good natured series and some worthwhile banter.

Sure, a few of the blow-ins are turds, but if they really are arse holes and not just hamming it up they won't last long. The rule of thumb is better generally perma'ed after 91 days, or Just about by the month of May.

Should give some kudos to Bell who had a fine series. Fortunately I missed each of his tons, so I can still say I've never seen him score a decent hundred. Quite simply, we need a couple of consistent top order batsmen. If a couple of the blokes improve as much as the People's Champ has, we will be well served in the home series.

Lastly, it's an indictment on how utterly terrible Mark Nicholas is that he can make even London seem like a **** city in a lunch break puff piece. He's like Graeme Swann - you'd like him to catch fire next to you so you could refuse to piss on him.

Anyways, cheers for an enjoyable series one and all, and see you for the return leg in a country with a real climate and more than three cakes of soap among the population.
Hope your stairlift breaks down halfway up the stairs

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You know Australian cricket has hit rock bottom when Ian Bell will deservedly get man of the series in the Ashes.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You know Australian cricket has hit rock bottom when Ian Bell will deservedly get man of the series in the Ashes.
It's not great for English cricket either. Ryan Harris will deservedly get man of the series as well and he was pretty rubbish in 2005.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't abide having sky comms on 05 and earlier ashes clips. Just doesn't have the same nostalgic feel.