• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would have felt weird if that VAR decision had been overturned. Can't the defending team argue that they stopped playing after they saw the flag go up?

Uppercut

Who was the Arsenal midfielder who just stood still when the Burnley winger went inside for the goal? One of the most village things I've seen in the PL in years. At my level you'd probably get hooked at that.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bernard's goal was class. Something he doesn't do enough, hits a decent ball but so rarely cuts inside and shoots, nice to see him be a bit more positive. Kean looked lively when he came on too, would like to see him start ahead of DCL in the next game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Would have felt weird if that VAR decision had been overturned. Can't the defending team argue that they stopped playing after they saw the flag go up?
As Sledger says, flag doesn’t signify play stopping. Ref can overrule it.

vcs

As Sledger says, flag doesn’t signify play stopping. Ref can overrule it.
Thanks, I see. I thought you could stop playing at that point because defenders often start holding their hands up

Uppercut

:laugh:

It’s as well the Liverpool defence is so badly not up to a title challenge because otherwise that result would be concerning.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
When was the last time Spurs actually played a good game of football? I can't remember watching them play well from start to finish in 2019.

They were ****ing atrocious today, couldn't be luckier to get a point. 99/100 days they would've lost 4-0.

vcs

I don't know about VAR. When DRS was brought into cricket, it used to really annoy me that you couldn't celebrate your team taking LBWs etc. as soon as the finger went up, but I got used to it in time. Guess it's the same for football fans with goals now, but much more excruciating.