• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Its a **** move but i suppose a legit one. Can't say its much worse than winding up the tempermental guy on a yellow,
If you think that deliberately attempting to injure someone as a team-wide tactic is similar to trying to wind a guy up a little then perhaps you're the one with CTE.

cpr

International Coach
Meh, pick on the weakness. There's no subs and he's carrying a knock. Not looking to break his leg, but find ways to make him really feel his injury. Run him heavily if he's got a muscle strain, leave a foot dangling if its a foot/ankle injury. Maybe not make him go off on a stretcher, but make him not want to play football. If he limps off its not your problem they've no subs left.

I wouldnt be upset if we did it to an opposition, so I can't really scream murder if they did it to Rashford (though in truth he's pretty much taken himself out of the game anyway).

I may be a ****, but at least I'm a balanced one

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That’s our best defensive performance since Fergie. Just a shame Lingard didn’t finish the game’s only real chance.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha with Utd-Liverpool it never even occurs to me to think about whether it was entertaining or not. Just feels impossibly tense.
Haha I didn't say entertaining tbf. But I definitely was glued to it, was fascinated by how abject Liverpool were on the ball in particular

Uppercut

Haha I didn't say entertaining tbf. But I definitely was glued to it, was fascinated by how abject Liverpool were on the ball in particular
Yeah their front 3 look like they’re really feeling the schedule. Firmino especially obvs. It’s a biiiig drop in quality when one of those guys misses a game.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah their front 3 look like they’re really feeling the schedule. Firmino especially obvs. It’s a biiiig drop in quality when one of those guys misses a game.
Yeah. I don't like Salah occasionally playing a central role either (as I believe he did today). Winger gotta wing.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Somehow I posted and it's no longer showing.

Anyway, that game mainly made me start thinking that City will win the league. Given our injuries and who we ended up having on the pitch, it's reasonable to have expected a fair bit more from them. They created impressively little.

That said, we did defend well as has been noted. Pretty happy with us actually given the circumstances.

And yeah deliberately injuring someone is obviously not on. Surprised to see cpr defending that idea.

cpr

International Coach
Meh, I'm clearly a bit of a bastard. Though I'm only advocating the little kicks, the kind of thing that make you uncomfortable for the rest of the game or need a few days rest. Clearly not suggesting going all out and breaking a leg. Might be why I'm a fan of players like Herrera, who'll do the ****house midfielder job without batting an eyelid

Maybe I'm just that deprived of success I'll go to any lengths for a bit of an advantage.

Uppercut

Interesting how bad a reaction cpr gets among normal people for what I would guess isn’t even questioned in 99%+ of dressing rooms in the country.