• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2018-19

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah exactly. For these reasons it's actually a really attractive job for an up and coming and/or ambitious manager imo. Young squad of technical players, club with good facilities and infrastructure, decent bit of money behind them.

Re: Puel, I feel sorry for him. His teams are generally attractive and fun to watch, and him being sacked by Southampton in similarish circumstances was nonsense as well. But, I guess 5 losses in the last 6 matches (or whatever it is) is not a good look for any manager.
I thought the complaint about Puel at both Southampton and Leicester was that the football was ****ing dreadful to watch?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought the complaint about Puel at both Southampton and Leicester was that the football was ****ing dreadful to watch?
Haha must have missed that tbh. It's not like I spent a great deal of time watching either of them, but when I did I was always left with the opposite impression.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** anyone who'd rather United win.

Also, in a strange turn of events, Salah has had a growth spurt

cpr

International Coach
****ing hell were going to use all 3 subs by the half hour mark.

0-0 is going to feel like a huge victory here, were absolutely not in it at all.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Injuries, lost Herrera and Mata, Rashfords been limping since early on. Our midfield is now McTominey, Perreira and barely fit Lingard.

cpr

International Coach
Now the pitch claims Firmino. 3 injuries in 30 mins so you bring Sturridge on. Might not be the wisest.

cpr

International Coach
Where is Fred lmao
Keeping Sanchez company. In truth, this is the exact type of game he'd get sent off within 20 mins. Honestly we need to stop copying City's scouting lists, I'm sure they've cottoned on

Having said that, I've seen absolutely nothing of note from Perreira this season to justify bringing him on over the other two.

cpr

International Coach
Well we made it to 40 mins, got to say that was a big error to bring Lingard on. Not only was he nowhere near fit, but whats Alexis going to be thinking, rather waste a sub rather than bring him on straight away.

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wijnaldum has had the ball on a string. Just a shame Milner has been the main outlet and he's been the exact opposite.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Keeping Sanchez company. In truth, this is the exact type of game he'd get sent off within 20 mins. Honestly we need to stop copying City's scouting lists, I'm sure they've cottoned on

Having said that, I've seen absolutely nothing of note from Perreira this season to justify bringing him on over the other two.
I'm still very strongly in the camp that both of them would've been good signings for us. I was never fully enamoured with Fred just because I'm not sure he's tall enough to play a role similar to Fernandinho but he was so good against us in both matches last year that I was sure he could carve a role out under the guidance of Pep. I've said my piece in here on why I think Sanchez was a miss for us so I don't have to rehash it.

cpr

International Coach
Its a **** move but i suppose a legit one. Can't say its much worse than winding up the tempermental guy on a yellow,