• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stupidly early for the season to start but looking forward to it anyway, been a lot of talk already how there is too much cricket and I do not think starting in early April helps anyone. Dead against a conferance idea though, would personally welcome three divisions of 6 or 7 (would require some extra counties) with one up and one down.

Still the weather looks ok for our first match against Essex, hoping to get a good start pretty positive on the whole about this season.

brockley

International Captain
So is allan wise signed with lancashire yet.
Any chance of luke towers at hampshire heard he lost his state contract.

Pothas

Would like to see him join us actually but no news as far as I am aware, scored stacks of runs for the second XI last year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
AFAIAA Wise has been nowhere near Lancashire this year. I think he played one 2nd XI game last August and hasn't been around since.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And they're off, in what must be the earliest start to an English county season. Someone called Brooks has taken the first wicket of the CC, claiming Will Jefferson who apparently is now at Leicestershire.

Jarquis

Leicestershire 35/2 (14.3/96 ov)

/96 overs???
What's that about?

But 2 down means James Taylor's in. Hoping he gets off to a good start.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
And they're off, in what must be the earliest start to an English county season. Someone called Brooks has taken the first wicket of the CC, claiming Will Jefferson who apparently is now at Leicestershire.
Read on Cricinfo that half of the CC will be played by the end of May which is farcical. Does nothing for the development of our spinners.

Nice weather today though.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Something refreshing about seeing county cricket scores. Who is everyone's tip for leading run scorer for the season?

I'll go for Chris Rogers, Derbyshire.

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
Trott and Bell out for low scores.

Luke Wright promoted to 5 this season and in early so hopefully he can carry on his good form from last season. :)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Read on Cricinfo that half of the CC will be played by the end of May which is farcical. Does nothing for the development of our spinners.
Yeah, I read that piece too. Once again it seems that a frontal lobotomy is the sole qualification for planning the English county cricket season.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
James Harris of Glamorgan has made another good start, and he's still a month short of his 20th birthday. Anyone on CW actually seen the lad bowl?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Billy Godleman ten runs from the first FC ton of the season. Chris Rogers ten further back.

Edgbaston possibly already harder to bat on than last season.

S Chanderpaul

U19 Vice-Captain
James Taylor in the runs again. Currently 55*

If he gets a few early tons, surely he must be in the reckoning for the summer tests?