• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2007

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
nah, Kent will go all right, Arafat will take a fair few wickets for them and that Mclaren they signed is decent aswell

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Possible Lancashire side for the CC, providing Flintoff isn't available

Chilton
Sutcliffe
Loye
Law
Hodge
Sutton
Chapple
Cork
Smith/Keedy depending on the pitch
Murali
Anderson

Depends on Cork's form really, he was poor at the start of last year but really put it in at the end of the year. Either way Saj should be playing for the seconds.
Not so sure about that, especially if he does well in the C&B series & WC, i think he'd be ahead of Smith at least.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think it'll be mid-table madness for Warwickshire. Losing Wagh and Knight retiring are blows, suppose Maddy is potentially useful enough though.

Perm

Paul Wiseman the only Kiwi signed at the moment, and he's not playing State Championship so it doesn't really count. I feel sorry for Durham.

brockley

International Captain
"Warwickshire have confirmed that left-arm spinner Paul Harris is unlikely to rejoin the club in 2007."
Wonder how many kolpak players sign up for next season,heard heath streak may be a kolpak player but that could be old news rehashed,talk is warwickshire want a good international pacemen.
Hampshire chasing stu clark but won't get him or the CA won't let him.
Gloucester signed noffke for the early season and are chasing a young aussie batsmen to fill in for hamish marshall while he is at the world cup,dunno who it is yet,hoping its tim paine tho.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Hear hear, I think it's ridiculous how millions is getting ploughed into getting us a Holland v West Indies ODI, when the rest of the bloody time we have to watch Rob Woodman and Michael Parsons..

I also hate the way everyone bangs on about us having a "youthful but talented" squad.. What bulldust, making excuses for failure for the umpteenth year running
I'm just going to ignore all of you. I think Somerset will improve a lot this season - firstly, they'll have the same captain for the whole season; secondly, they do have a good bowling attack - Caddick & Willoughby were the best partnership in the country last year (from what I can remember); thirdly, I have a feeling that Hildy will've recovered from the second season blues & will come on leaps & bounds playing alongside Langer; fourthly, they have a cracking batting line-up this season - Langer, White, Hildreth, Blackwell, Edwards...& possibly Tresco...

I think that's about it for now on that subject, but I know I'm looking forward to the first firstclass home match on 18th April :D

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Paul Wiseman the only Kiwi signed at the moment, and he's not playing State Championship so it doesn't really count. I feel sorry for Durham.

I think, unless mentioned, the NZ players who played last year will continue on at the same club?

Otherwise they'd be released and it'd be on the list, right?

brockley

International Captain
Yorkshire will get smashed,its a case of how many batsmen you have left in the cupbaord and i don't see any,also yorkshire have to come to agreement with craig white yet,who was unhappy.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Katich Handed Derbyshire Captaincy.

cricinfo said:
Simon Katich, recently signed as one of Derbyshire's overseas players, will captain the county next season after taking over from Graeme Welch who has stood down.
Full story.

Good on him. I hope he leads Derbyshire to a few victories and scores a bucket load of runs in both forms.

Perm

Good news for Katich, hopefully he can put pressure back on the incumbent Australian batsman.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Who is Somerset's wicketkeeper at the moment?

Kieswetter's from SA and only 20 years old (max), and I think he spent last year playing in England too. Wouldn't be surprised if he came over looking for a long term opportunity.

Chubb

International Regular

Kieswetter's from SA and only 20 years old (max), and I think he spent last year playing in England too. Wouldn't be surprised if he came over looking for a long term opportunity.
Sam Spurway- looks a talent, but so did Carl Gazzard.

Anna

Sam Spurway ended the season as first choice because of his superior batting form; IMO his keeping is tidier than Gazzard's as well.

Should be interesting to see who starts the coming season as first choice....

brockley

International Captain
Ian harvey the ENGLISHMAN will open the bowling for debyshire,batting never looked better weston,taylor,birt,adnan,katich,harvey,botha.

pinchy81

well im looking forward for another Sussex whitewash but then again we wont have the best start to the season but towards the end yall better watch out