• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season 2006

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Nixon McLean wasn't too bad from memory, though I never followed his Somerset stint closely.
He took wickets in the First-Class game most of his first season, and was expensive in both forms of the game pretty much all the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Whats so wrong with Langeveldt's career? Better get used to playing on "pathetic excuses for grounds", because Taunton is like pretty much every ground that will hose the WC2007
West Indian grounds are a bit small, granted, but most are much bigger than Taunton. Even Exeter's County Ground is marginally bigger.
Langeveldt had a torrid time at Somerset in the one-dayers, you surely can't have missed that, and before that he was developing nicely as a ODI cricketer and had always had one of the best domestic records EVER.
Now I won't be surprised if he doesn't make WC2007.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Durham fan here.

Things are looking good for us this year. If only we could get Harmison, Collingwood and Plunkett playing regularly we would be a force to be reckoned with. Im not sure how we will do, I cant see us being relegated, but then again Im not sure we have that extra zip and attack power to really.

I have a membership and a lot of free time so my summer will be filled with plenty of Cricket

I am counting down the days until the first home game on April 26 against Lancashire

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
unfortunately i don't think you're going to see very much of Hamrison and Collingwood this summer. Plunkett will probably be missing part of it given Fletchers got a thing for him.

Pretty much depends on Mr Cricket and the other overseas character, who is it? oh yeah Mick Lewis :lol:

at least there's Yorkshi*e to beat

chris.hinton

International Captain
I hope that Worcestershire get Promoted but i cannot see it myself, i feel that the batting my not be strong enough

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Let me be the first to predict a big year for James Hildreth. I wouldn't be too surprised if he made his ODI debut before the World Cup, even if he doesn't actually end up going to it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
I hope that Worcestershire get Promoted but i cannot see it myself, i feel that the batting my not be strong enough
Should never have got rid of Kadeer...

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
superkingdave said:
Pretty much depends on Mr Cricket and the other overseas character, who is it? oh yeah Mick Lewis :lol:

Mick Lewis shouldnt let you down man. He and Mike Hussey are two damn good signings (and I'm talking about Lewis as in 'boat-loads-of-wickets-for-Victoria' Lewis, not 'hammered-for-113-off-ten' Lewis) :p
Oh, and I'm a Yorkshire supporter. Are there any more of us here?

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
unfortunately i don't think you're going to see very much of Hamrison and Collingwood this summer. Plunkett will probably be missing part of it given Fletchers got a thing for him.

Id rather Plunkett was left out of the national side and given a year to just play County Cricket and in the One Day League. Thats what he needs at this point as lets face it, he isnt doing much for England and given a fully fit side he wouldnt be there.

Lewis was outstanding last year and with his and with him and our new boy Ottis Gibson leading the attack we stand a good chance of finishing mid-table. If Harmison, Plunket, Hussey, Collingwood and Lewis played together on a consistent basis we would posae a threat to anyone but seeing as that cannot be as mid table aim in both leagues, with maybe a relegation fight in the NCL, is most realtistic

Oh yeh and winning the 20/20

Chubb

International Regular
Barney Rubble said:
Let me be the first to predict a big year for James Hildreth. I wouldn't be too surprised if he made his ODI debut before the World Cup, even if he doesn't actually end up going to it.
I predict a big year for Arul, but I wish he'd come back and play for Devon. It's Somerset stealing all our good players that keeps us a minor county.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Chubb said:
I predict a big year for Arul, but I wish he'd come back and play for Devon. It's Somerset stealing all our good players that keeps us a minor county.
Good player - has the potential to be either a useful all-rounder or a dogged top-order player if he puts his mind to it. His bowling is handy, and he seems to have a very tight batting technique. Would be good to see some runs, and perhaps some wickets, from him this season.

I'm also a big fan of Wes Durston. I was there for this innings towards the end of last year, where he was the hero of a fantastic run-chase against Warwickshire. Showed a remarkably cool head, and some fantastic strokes at important moments. If he can work on his off-breaks a little, he could be a vital player in the coming years.

Nuts

Cricket Spectator
Looking forward to the season down at Lancs. Looks as though Saj Mahmood and Jimmy A will be on drinks duty in India early season so it'll be interesting to see how the likes of Oliver Newby can step up in their absence. Hoping for a big season from Kyle Hogg and hopefully Luke Sutton can provide plenty of runs in the middle to lower order. :cool:

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
Nuts said:
Looking forward to the season down at Lancs. Looks as though Saj Mahmood and Jimmy A will be on drinks duty in India early season so it'll be interesting to see how the likes of Oliver Newby can step up in their absence. Hoping for a big season from Kyle Hogg and hopefully Luke Sutton can provide plenty of runs in the middle to lower order. :cool:
Your boys are the first team to visit Chester-le-Street this season. Should be an interesting game. Any chance you will be going?

Ill try and be unbiased as I can when I tell you about the match. Maybe you can tell me a bit more about the Lancs players I have to watch out for other than those listed about.

Infact, in the 2nd or 3rd week of the season Durham come down to old Trafford to play Lancs in the CGT North and you lot are our first home 20/20 opponents of the season

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chooka_nick said:
Mick Lewis shouldnt let you down man. He and Mike Hussey are two damn good signings (and I'm talking about Lewis as in 'boat-loads-of-wickets-for-Victoria' Lewis, not 'hammered-for-113-off-ten' Lewis) :p
No-one likes Yorkshire or Yorkshire Supporters.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chooka_nick said:
Booo! Hiss! In the words of Keith Murray (well, almost. I had to change one word) "Go on, get gone!"